Women's International Day

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Modus.Ponens

Women's International Day

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Congratulations to women worldwide for the progress of their rights. There are still many severe unjustices to be corrected, especialy in third world countries, so I hope we move towards a more just society in the whole world.

I also want to express the wish that the bhikkhuni order grows bigger and stronger. May those who don't accept the bhikkhuni order change their views, in the name of the continuation and strenghtening of the dhamma and vinaya.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
LonesomeYogurt

Re: Women's International Day

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

Well said :)

There is still much to be done. Bhikkhu Bodhi's Buddhist Global Relief Fund sponsors many different programs aimed at protecting and enriching women, especially young girls, around the world. Those who are interested should consider a donation.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Modus.Ponens wrote: I also want to express the wish that the bhikkhuni order grows bigger and stronger.
:goodpost:

Ayya Bhikkhuni Dhammananda, Ph.D.
yawares

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

After reading this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... 32307.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel so sad ...I truly believe that there are hells after life and there are many hells on this planet EARTH !!
Yes, Tep/I donated to help women with Hoshyar Foundation ....but I think Bill Gates Foundation is the best in the world .
I really like Bill Gates and impressed when I saw him/wife showed up at his various charities...I bet he'll be reborn 1 of the most richest men in the world again and again.

My daughter said that the place where she stations right now...she saw rich Arabian women covered themselves from head to toe...so they wore expensive veils/robes/shoes and drove super luxurious Italian cars...Ferrari/lamborghini etc ......
definitely no bikinis Arabian girls on the beaches....And the beach so beautiful/clean, clear bluegreen seawater...she/her friends enjoy swimming there under the bright sunshine/blue sky ..wear USA swimming suits !! Whenever people ask her where she's from...she told them she came from "prison" (because she needs permission from her commander to get out of the base.)...it's her joke...and she must let the boss approve what she wear before getting permission to go....may be because US soldiers have to dress to blend in with Arabian people...can not expose body too much..no shorts/tank tops....except on the beach. She also said that most employees at the mall/restaurants are Filipinoes/Napaleses....cleaning men/women at the Airforce Base are also Filipinoes/Napaleses....she said that this AF Base is the best base of all she used to station....very modern /gym/movie theatres.

Ferrari

Lamborghini

yawares/tidathep