"Sticky"

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
SDC

"Sticky"

Post by SDC »

Mods,

Just a suggestion, but perhaps the sticky option can be used for certain threads instead of putting them in the announcement section of each forum. Seems like sometimes the announcement portion is overlooked. Its good for certain topics like perhaps the rebirth debate or any other ongoing topic that consistently sees action. I've seen it used effectively on other forums.

Just a thought.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
retrofuturist

Re: "Sticky"

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings SDC,

Just so you know, the decision to use announcements was made because the use of stickies obscures the latest updated topic.

By clearly separating the "pinned" items from the run of the mill topics, it's always easy to see which are the latest updated topics without recourse to symbols.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SDC

Re: "Sticky"

Post by SDC »

Totally understandable. I've seen forums where it is used very poorly.

Occasionally I think there are threads where it would be worth it. Perhaps if done with no more than 1 or 2 of the more popular threads it wouldn't be overwhelming to the new topics? Of course it wouldn't have to remain there permanently.

EDIT - would to wouldn't
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3