Seeing brown spots

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
purple planet

Seeing brown spots

Post by purple planet »

When i do walking meditationi no i start to see this brown/black spots - usually they are connected by this brown string - when i first see them they usually are not moving and after a second they start moving

What is it ?
tiltbillings

Re: Seeing brown spots

Post by tiltbillings »

purple planet wrote:When i do walking meditationi no i start to see this brown/black spots - usually they are connected by this brown string - when i first see them they usually are not moving and after a second they start moving

What is it ?
Probably floaters. Everyone has them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/benign-eye-floaters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Are they in the air or on the floor?

As well as floaters, all kinds of odd things can happen as you start to get more concentrated and mindful. A long time ago I saw the carpet start shimmering like water. The content is not important, and my experience is such things tend to pass after a while. Just note them and see what happens...

:anjali:
Mike
purple planet

Post by purple planet »

thank you both

yes tilt its eye floaters -
They may be especially noticeable when you look at something bright, such as white paper or a blue sky.
i see them when i get near the white wall

thanks i got my answer