Local Groups

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
GrahamR

Local Groups

Post by GrahamR »

Hi

Could I suggest that we have local interest sections for different countries or regions so that people could discuss common factors.

Perhaps we could have sections for different temples to discuss events too.

Graham
With metta :bow:
Graham
Dhammanando

Re: Local Groups

Post by Dhammanando »

Hi Graham,
GrahamR wrote:Could I suggest that we have local interest sections for different countries or regions so that people could discuss common factors.

Perhaps we could have sections for different temples to discuss events too.
I think at the moment we're a little too small for such sub-forums to be worthwhile. Even at E-sangha with its many thousands of members, the Buddhism in Myanmar forum is virtually dead, and the Thai one would be nearly so were it not for people's interest in Thai amulets and tattoos.

As for sections devoted to particular temples, wouldn't a pinned thread be adequate for this?

Best wishes,
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
jcsuperstar

Re: Local Groups

Post by jcsuperstar »

i was gonna suggest a a thread on retreats or places to do retreats broken down by country or area

we could list the temple and the style of teaching

now i know if you know a little thai you can stay at pretty much any thai temple in america (or if youve got monk hookups) so i don tthink every temple needs to be listed, just the bigger ones, and maybe those offering something a bit different or special.

even if its not a popular subject the fact that one person could have such a meaningful experience should warrent the space...
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat