No Replies

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Nicholas Weeks

No Replies

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

I have had the 'notify by email when replied to" box checked in the User CP, but nothing is showing up lately. Anyone else having this problem? There are plenty of subscriptions listed, but there is a heading that No Subscriptions are Wanted or some such phrasing? :?

Then I thought to change to another email address and did not have any success there. If you fill in the confirmation window, then where is the new address supposed to go? If you put the new address first, then the software whines at me.

Any suggestions?
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
retrofuturist

Re: No Replies

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Will,

I'm not sure. I've never used this function before here or at any other sites.

I just my first question would be, has it ever worked for you?

It's useful for us to know if this is something that's changed recently, or something that's always been like that.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Will,

I'm not sure. I've never used this function before here or at any other sites.

I just my first question would be, has it ever worked for you?

It's useful for us to know if this is something that's changed recently, or something that's always been like that.

Metta,
May have figured it out - I will see. Instead of an automatic referral to my given email, one must (I think) pick a forum or topic and at bottom left is checked box for Subscribe. However being checked does not mean it is checked. So one clicks on it and then is told now you are subscribed.

So I will pick some active topics and see what happens.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

I have subscribed to all Forums and still nothing shows up in my mailbox. I guess I will just have to keep checking in here periodically.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings WIll,

We'll have a look into that.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Will,

I've done some investigation into what the settings should be in order to get this to work, and they were all already set correctly (as far as I can tell).

Sorry we can't be of more help (yet)...

Metta,
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Will,

I've done some investigation into what the settings should be in order to get this to work, and they were all already set correctly (as far as I can tell).

Sorry we can't be of more help (yet)...

Metta,
I have changed my email address, maybe that will get things moving.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Still No Replies

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Still no email notification of topics or posts being added to, that I am interested in.

To make sure we are talking about the same thing. Under Board Prefs. posting options there is one that says: Notify me upon replies by default: Yes or No. I have checked Yes and assume that means when anyone replies to a topic I have subscribed to, there will come forth from Dhamma Wheel an email saying which thread (and maybe giving the text of the reply, as some BBs do) from who etc.

Have others who checked "Yes" received their reminder emails?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Will,

I've never tried it.

I wonder if this post of mine will trigger an e-mail.

Metta,
sherubtse

Post by sherubtse »

Will wrote:I have had the 'notify by email when replied to" box checked in the User CP, but nothing is showing up lately. Anyone else having this problem? There are plenty of subscriptions listed, but there is a heading that No Subscriptions are Wanted or some such phrasing? :?
Yup. I have had the same problem. I have never had any notifications in my e-mail Inbox, so I have forgotten about this feature. But your thread reminded me of it, so I might as well chime in.

This would be a great feature ... if it worked! :shrug:

With metta,
Sherubtse
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Just wondering if this is working yet?

Recently David reconfigured the e-mail server settings... this might have done the trick?

Metta,
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

No, nothing ever shows up from Dhamma Wheel. Under Manage Subscriptions it says:
Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either.
I do have many listed, but I still have to come to this site to look for anything new.
nathan

Post by nathan »

I have used the feature elsewhere and it has worked fine. On some boards it is the default and you have to deselect the email notification for each thread. It has worked fine when I selected it at eSangha. This looks like the same software pretty much so it should be something that can function here fine. I think I tried it once and assumed it was not enabled or something.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
sherubtse

Post by sherubtse »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Just wondering if this is working yet?

Recently David reconfigured the e-mail server settings... this might have done the trick?

Metta,
No, not working on my end, either.

Best wishes,
Sherubtse
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Still working on it, but unfortunately it is still not working yet. :computerproblem:

In the meantime, some more smilies have been added:

:broke: :juggling: :sage: :stirthepot: :tongue: :thinking: :woohoo: