Beautiful Jade Buddha For Universal Peace

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
yawares

Beautiful Jade Buddha For Universal Peace

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

Oh look at this Jade Buddha...so beautiful beyond compare!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jade_Buddha_miami.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:candle: Jade Buddha For Universal Peace :candle:
[From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]

The Jade Buddha on display
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Jade Buddha for Universal Peace is a polar jade statue of the Gautama Buddha sourced from northern Canada in 2000 and later carved by Thai artisans. It stands 2.7 meters high and is valued at more than A$5 million. This four-tonne statue was created for the Great Stupa in Bendigo, Victoria in Australia and was consecrated by the Dalai Lama.

Its model is the Buddha statue of the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya, India.

Mandala Lights around the Jade Buddha

Unusual lights have allegedly appeared in photographs taken of the Jade Buddha. These lights allegedly first appeared at Quan The Am temple in Da Nang. They have since been sighted at every showing of the Jade Buddha in Vietnam, Australia and USA. These lights appear in a wide range of conditions and are even claimed to appear inside buildings such as the Museum of Western Australia in Perth and the Sydney Entertainment Centre. The lights have been called “Mandala Lights” because of the symmetrical design which has a similarity to a Buddhist mandala. The lights appear to be semi-transparent, and when enlarged they seem to be made up of many colours.

Jade Buddha Tour

Lama Zopa Rinpoche has said “ It will illuminate the world and bring inconceivable peace and happiness and help prevent the destruction that is happening so much in the world, including war.”

“I want to emphasize the importance of so many people, I think it seems millions of people, who have seen the statue and have therefore have had strong imprints placed in their minds for enlightenment. … Please remember the benefits to sentient beings in what you are doing with the tour, by people even merely seeing the Jade Buddha, ultimately brings them extensive benefit.”

The Jade Buddha for Universal Peace is the largest Buddha carved from gemstone quality jade in the world. The Jade Buddha sits on an alabaster throne of 1.4 meters high. The Buddha inside the Mahabodhi Stupa in Bodh Gaya (India) is the model for the Jade Buddha. This Buddha was chosen because it is universally recognised by Buddhists.

The purpose of exhibiting the Jade Buddha around the world is to raise awareness of Buddhism and promote peace.

The Jade Buddha is currently on tour throughout major cities around the world before it is finally placed at The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion in Bendigo, Australia.

:heart: Love the beautiful Jade Buddha
yawares/sirikanya/Tep
] :heart:
Last edited by yawares on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanzze

Re: Beautiful Jade Buddha For Universal Peace

Post by Hanzze »

Lama Zopa Rinpoche has said “ It will illuminate the world and bring inconceivable peace and happiness and help prevent the destruction that is happening so much in the world, including war.”
I guess he needs to say such things, as the carrier of it could get some doubt while starting to get tired, old and even sick. Somehow a wheelturning undertaking...

May it come to rest soon, out of compassion would be a great intention for sure.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
yawares

Post by yawares »

Hanzze wrote:
I guess he needs to say such things, as the carrier of it could get some doubt while starting to get tired, old and even sick. Somehow a wheelturning undertaking...

May it come to rest soon, out of compassion would be a great intention for sure.

Dear Hanzze,
Do you know Lama Zopa Rinpoche?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... a+Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yawares
:jumping:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Wikipedia wrote: Its model is the Buddha statue of the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya, India.
Actually, the Buddha statue at Maha Bodhi Temple is in the meditation-mudra, not the earth-witness of the Jade statue, but this statue is beautiful too.
yawares

Post by yawares »

David N. Snyder wrote:
Wikipedia wrote: Its model is the Buddha statue of the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya, India.
Actually, the Buddha statue at Maha Bodhi Temple is in the meditation-mudra, not the earth-witness of the Jade statue, but this statue is beautiful too.

Dear David,
Do you mean this Buddha?

BodhGaya, India, Buddhist monastery interior, by Saurabh C.

Buddhist temple (Việt Nam Phật Quốc Tự) at Bodhgaya, India

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... LWK8S/ixpz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

temple The majestic Mahabodhi stupa A very special place Bodhgaya ...

Love love this Buddha statue :heart: :anjali:
yawares..but I so love green jade Buddha :heart: so exotic/beautiful
:heart:
Last edited by yawares on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

yawares wrote:
Hanzze wrote:

Dear Hanzze,
Do you know Lama Zopa Rinpoche?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... a+Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yawares
:jumping:
He looks great, really no idea why he feels the need to carry a stone with him to represent the Buddha, the Bodhisattvas and the Arahants. I am sure he would even feel more at easy then he already does.

The Buddha image that does not need any support to come around the world.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

yawares wrote: Do you mean this Buddha?
Yes.
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

I love this Buddha statue

Tidathep
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

“ It will illuminate the world and bring inconceivable peace and happiness..."
Inconceivable being the operative word...
Bonsai Doug

Post by Bonsai Doug »

I had the opportunity to see the Jade Buddha a couple of years ago
when it was on tour in Florida. It is quite impressive, and one does get
a peaceful, tranquil feeling while sitting/meditating in front of it.
Now having obtained a precious human body,
I do not have the luxury of remaining on a distracted path.

~ Tibetan Book of the Dead
yawares

Post by yawares »

Bonsai Doug wrote:I had the opportunity to see the Jade Buddha a couple of years ago
when it was on tour in Florida. It is quite impressive, and one does get
a peaceful, tranquil feeling while sitting/meditating in front of it.
Dear Bonsai Doug,

I truly understand how you feel...I too...feel so peaceful just looking at these Buddha pictures...I so love the green jade Buddha. :heart:

yawares :anjali:
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

I met the guy who thought of the idea, Ian Green. He bought the stone in North America, paid for it to get carved, etc. He's pretty enthusiastic about it. A real businessman, but nice. He lives in Bendigo, Australia, and the dana raised by the statue tour goes towards building the stupa at Thubten Shedrup Ling Monastery http://www.tslmonastery.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The stupa is INCREDIBLE and HUGE. When I stayed at the monastery the builders were busy, so I couldn't go up it. But one evening after they went home I sneaked under the gate (at the subtle suggestion of the abbot, Venerable Gyatso) climbed the stupa, and watched the sun set from the sixth floor. It's going to be twice as tall once they put the top pointy bits and round bits on there. Remarkable.

Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
yawares

Post by yawares »

Dear James The Giant,

I so love the pictures...thank you so very much :heart:

yawares :anjali:
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Dear All,

Jade Buddha in Viet Nam