Samatha to See Gods.

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Son

Re: Samatha to See Gods.

Post by Son »

whynotme wrote:Many thanks,

What happened to the asura you want to evict? Is he in your house? Is he gone now?

I remember in Vinaya a monk had problems with non human being, many cures didn't help, then he went to abattoir and drunk blood, it helped and then the Buddha allowed it in similar cases. It seemed that asuras or devas in general hate and go away of disgusting, stinking, dirty things. Anyway, in a harsh situation, hope everyone have the will and found a way to bear it

Regards.
we still haven't solved the problem. We negotiated with him but it didn't bear good results.
Actually, one of his suggesting demands was in fact blood offering. Another was a servant with his own room.
A seed sleeps in soil.
It's cold and alone, hopeless.
Until it blooms above.
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

I don't think you should follow his unusual demands at all. Did you try to seek advice and help from other devas? Maybe they will understand him better than us human.
Please stop following me
Son

Post by Son »

whynotme wrote:I don't think you should follow his unusual demands at all. Did you try to seek advice and help from other devas? Maybe they will understand him better than us human.
Of course not. Of course not.

What we are going to do, is Monday, we're going to clean the house and tidy everything up. Then I'm going to cleanse the household, erect this Laughing Buddha she has, and then while they pray I'm going to bless the space. I'm using my singing bowl and chanting the Lord Avalokiteshvara's mantra (om mane padme hung).
A seed sleeps in soil.
It's cold and alone, hopeless.
Until it blooms above.
whynotme

Post by whynotme »

Dear Son,

How are things going? Have you evicted that asura yet?

Regards
Please stop following me