Dhamma Wheel meetings

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ben

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Post by Ben »

With both you, Paul and Cittasanto now bald, I feel like the pressure is on!
However, I think it would cause a bit of marital disharmony in my household.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings David,

Nice look - reminds me a bit of Devin Townsend!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Dan74 (left) and me (right) after meditation and cumquat tea at the Fo Guang Shan temple in Melbourne.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
hanzze_

Post by hanzze_ »

The increasing of baldheads here is enormous, seems like being moderator on Dhammawheel or Member has good effects. Much mudita!
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

hanzze_ wrote:The increasing of baldheads here is enormous, seems like being moderator on Dhammawheel or Member has good effects. Much mudita!

:D
Greetings,

Dan74 (left) and me (right) after meditation and cumquat tea at the Fo Guang Shan temple in Melbourne.
Correction: "free cumquat tea" courtesy Paul. I say these Buddhists are so gullible! :lol:
_/|\_
bodom

Post by bodom »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings David,

Lol! It really does look like him!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

bodom wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings David,
Lol! It really does look like him!
Thanks retro and bodom. Glad that I look like (the celebrity) Devin Townsend; better him than Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler. :tongue:
yawares

Post by yawares »

David N. Snyder wrote:This morning my wife and I had the honor of meeting Ayya Phalañani. She is visiting the U.S. from Thailand and a member of Dhamma Wheel here too. So here is a photo of the meeting of 3 Dhamma Wheel members:

At Wat Thai Los Angeles, March 17, 2010
Left to right: Ayya Phalañani, Woini, David
Dear David,

May I ask , is Ayya Phalanani a nun or bhikkhuni? Could you please ask her to write about herself why she chose to follow the Buddha's Order. I would love to read her story.

And please say 'hi' to your wife for me. The picture of 3 Dhamma Wheel members in front of the big beautiful Buddha statue is very nice.

Sincerely,
yawares
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Yawares,

She is a fully-ordained Theravada bhikkhuni. She was an 8 precept mae chee for years and then became fully ordained in Northern California a couple of years ago. This was her blog, which she no longer maintains:
http://mitrasunya.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It gives some of the background leading up to the ordination and her life. Now she is focusing on her practice and travels from country to country to different monasteries.

That meeting was with 3 Dhamma Wheel members, but no one has made any meeting yet that has broken the record in the OP yet! In the OP there is a photo of 4 Dhamma Wheel members!
yawares

Post by yawares »

David N. Snyder wrote:Hi Yawares,

She is a fully-ordained Theravada bhikkhuni. She was an 8 precept mae chee for years and then became fully ordained in Northern California a couple of years ago. This was her blog, which she no longer maintains:

It gives some of the background leading up to the ordination and her life. Now she is focusing on her practice and travels from country to country to different monasteries.

That meeting was with 3 Dhamma Wheel members, but no one has made any meeting yet that has broken the record in the OP yet! In the OP there is a photo of 4 Dhamma Wheel members!
Dear David,

Thank you very much. I'll read her story.

My husband and I used to know 2 tall/very handsome monks, Bhikkhu Dick(an engineer,USA), Bhikkhu Martin(from Germany) at Wat Paa Barn Taad, Udonthani, Thailand. We interviewed them, they both were very very nice/serene. My husband( Tep Sastri) stayed in a small kuti near these 2 monks for 3 days as upasaka, while I stayed in a big house with others upasikas far from Bhikkhus' place. We loved that temple very much, the youngest princess of Thailand, many rich people went there to give clean gourmet foods/desserts everyday while we were there, lucky us!

yawares
:candle:
David2

Post by David2 »

David N. Snyder wrote: She is a fully-ordained Theravada bhikkhuni. She was an 8 precept mae chee for years and then became fully ordained in Northern California a couple of years ago. This was her blog, which she no longer maintains:
I would like to say that she now has another blog where she is active:

http://phalanyani.sirimangalo.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikenz66

Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Post by mikenz66 »

Mike, Jon, Sarah, Robert, Sukinder [scroll right!] (of Dhamma Study Group). Afternoon tea and Dhamma Discussion at the Peninsular (Bangkok, not Hong Kong!).
PeninsulaBangkok2012_small.JPG
PeninsulaBangkok2012_small.JPG (80.38 KiB) Viewed 29689 times
Mike
robertk

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Post by robertk »

Yes, it was a meeting of the mods. Two from dhammastudygroup and two from dhammawheel.
And very enjoyable and interesting. I could have stayed all day discussing more and more points of Dhamma .
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Great photo! Looks like a great time with discussion, snacks, and tea.
yawares

Post by yawares »

David N. Snyder wrote:Great photo! Looks like a great time with discussion, snacks, and tea.

Dear David,

They should do Thai dance too..to complete the happy day. When I was with Tep at Engineering Conference in Hua-Hin(Beach Hotel), Thailand , not only great foods/desserts..Thai Classical Dance included...everybody enjoyed the show !
You're DhammaWheel :anjali: ...Why are you not there??
yawares
:thinking: