How to lose weight

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
alan

Re: How to lose weight

Post by alan »

Hi Ben
I take a protein formula with coconut oil before my morning yoga.
alan

Post by alan »

And my experience has been...? More energy.
Just make sure to stay away from aspartime.
alan

Post by alan »

Low carb
Lift weight
Sprint!

I'll show you how, if you want.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Alan

Thanks for your comments. Sprinting's out of the question courtesy of an old injury to my knees thanks to years of Aikido when I was a lot younger.
Lifting weights at the moment involves lifting boxes of fruit, moving logs and lifting other heavy and awkward bits and pieces when I do my maintenance and gardening routines.
When I'm at home I can replace one meal a day with a protein shake. When I'm up on my own in the valley I can get away with replacing two meals a day with protein shakes. The formula I'm using is one designed for complementing fitness and incl. 30g of protein per drink. I haven't invested a great deal in the strategy, I've only purchased one 1kg container of powder, so I'm just more interested in giving it a go and seeing what it can do.
Of course, your tips and suggestions will be gratefully received.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
alan

Post by alan »

Hi Ben
I'd say you are consuming too many of your calories from protein shakes. What is you're purpose for this?
Quality food is always best--although I'm sure you know that.
Alan
jonycarr

Post by jonycarr »

Here are some quick weight loss tips.

1 - Reduce fat.

2 - Do not be so sweet.

3 - Drink up.

4 - Get enough sleep

5 - Eat before Ravenous
bradcruz

Post by bradcruz »

Basic Weight Lose Tips are below:

1.Do Exercise Routine. Cycling, Walking.Swimming
2.Do not drink liquids with your meals.
3.Eat fresh vegetable
4.Drink Green Tea
5.Do not eat fast food.
6.Do Yoga.
AdinDen

Post by AdinDen »

Very nice with these steps you can lose more weight.

Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

Losing weight is a matter of using more energy ( which is measured in kilocalories or in every day terms, just "calories" ) than you take in. That is always the case no matter the regime or the diet. Anyone who claims differently is trying to sell someone something.

The best approach is to increase your exercise and track how much you eat.

Experts say it is best to lose no more than 1 - 2 pounds a weak. The more slowly the weight is taken off the greater the chance that it will stay off and the greater the chance is that the weight lost will be more fat than lean tissue ( you will be firmer instead of flabby at your goal weight ).

A fun system for teaching you how to track your dietary intake and weight loss is "The Hacker's Diet". It was made by an engineer who became rich and had everything he wanted in life except freedom from his life long weight problem. He decided to apply what he knew best, engineering principals, to weight management. The result is his free ebook, called "The Hacker's Diet". Totally free, no promotions, no gimmicks, no crazy rules. You can eat whatever you want.

I used the system years ago to *comfortably* take off 48 lbs and keep most of it off
https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

Check out my weight diary to see how I've lost 19kg (42 pounds) in just over one year!
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

This thread sux....
I'm one of the thinnest people I know and I simply can't put on weight. and to top that off, I have moderately high cholesterol. :shrug:
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

pilgrim wrote:This thread sux....
I'm one of the thinnest people I know and I simply can't put on weight. and to top that off, I have moderately high cholesterol. :shrug:
Eat more calories, eat more protein, lift weights, get regular sleep, avoid animal products, eat soluble fiber foods ( oat meal ), eat vegetables, get your folic acid, get b-12, have regular checkups and go on statins if you have to.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
beeblebrox

Post by beeblebrox »

Jhana4 wrote:
pilgrim wrote:This thread sux....
Eat more calories, eat more protein, lift weights, get regular sleep, avoid animal products, eat soluble fiber foods ( oat meal ), eat vegetables, get your folic acid, get b-12, have regular checkups and go on statins if you have to.
It's also challenging for me to gain weight (if not near impossible)... eating more calories (or protein) does nothing for me. (It also would be unhealthy.)

Exercising might help... you need to do a lot of it, though. The most that I've ever weighted was after when I biked across the U.S. It went up to around 150 lbs, at 6 ft. But when I stopped exercising, I lost the weight. (I still walk all the time... I don't own a car.)

So, I stopped worrying about it... there's really nothing wrong with it. I'm at around 130 lbs now, which seems a bit underweight to me, but the doctor says I'm healthy.

By the way, congrats, and keep it up Stefan! :)

:anjali:
PlazzaKom

Post by PlazzaKom »

You all share good inforamation about how to lose weight. I also share few Weight lose tips: 1.1.Do Exercise Routine. Cycling, Walking.Swimming. 2.Do not drink liquids with your meals. 3.Eat fresh vegetable. 4.Drink Green Tea. 5. Do Yoga.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

Proof shows that I've lost 30 kg (66 pounds) in 1.5 years.