Terms of Service, Conduct

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
AnonOfIbid

Terms of Service, Conduct

Post by AnonOfIbid »

The TOS are way too vague on conduct. This leaves non-administrator members exposed to censure and exclusion without much ability to examine whether or not the administrator made an error.
retrofuturist

Re: Terms of Service, Conduct

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings AnonOfIbid,

How would you suggest they be worded then?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Yes, I'd be interested in seeing what Anon has to say too.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

I just re-read the TOS and I do not find much vagueness in there. Sure, the "All members are responsible for their own Right Speech" and "Do not be disruptive" are open for interpretation, however it is impossible imho to account for every possible situation you might encounter. Even the law is for this reason open for interpretation on many points and we have judges to do exactly that. On this forum the moderators fulfill that role. I think we should trust the moderators to apply those rules wisely and fair just as we trust judges to do the same with the law. Without a trust that it isn't used for censorship a system of moderation would never work.

And if you're not sure about whether you'll break the rules or not: if something you want to do or say feels wrong it usually is. :sage:

Hope this helps :anjali:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ytrog wrote:I just re-read the TOS and I do not find much vagueness in there. Sure, the "All members are responsible for their own Right Speech" and "Do not be disruptive" are open for interpretation, however it is impossible imho to account for every possible situation you might encounter. Even the law is for this reason open for interpretation on many points and we have judges to do exactly that. On this forum the moderators fulfill that role. I think we should trust the moderators to apply those rules wisely and fair just as we trust judges to do the same with the law. Without a trust that it isn't used for censorship a system of moderation would never work.

And if you're not sure about whether you'll break the rules or not: if something you want to do or say feels wrong it usually is. :sage:

Hope this helps :anjali:
Just a point of interest: AnonOfIbid who started this thread was a double nicker (not element) who had been banned earlier for disruptive behavior.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

As i don't see what e-mail addresses people use for their accounts I cannot see who is a double-nicker.

What is it with all those disruptive people that seem to creep in here lately?
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
plwk

Post by plwk »

Must be summer time... :D
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

plwk wrote:
Must be summer time... :D
... or those long winter evenings with nothing to do.
(It all depends on your hemisphere :tongue: )

:namaste:
Kim