Pulling for Individual...

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
appicchato

Pulling for Individual...

Post by appicchato »

Just saw a message on another board that Individual suffered a 'massive' heart attack yesterday, and is being referred to in the past tense...he is/was not everyone's cup of tea but I personally like/liked him and would encourage those feeling the same to send some good vibes his way...
retrofuturist

Re: Pulling for Individual...

Post by retrofuturist »

Oh no... do you have a link, bhante?

All the best, Individual... wishing you well.

:hug:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

May you be well, may you be free from disease.
May you be liberated.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

retrofuturist wrote:...do you have a link?...
From Facebook...

'This is Alex's Aunt Jacquie, Alex had a massive heart attack early this morning. John Hopkin's did everything possible for him. He fought so hard to stay with us. Pls pray for his mom, he was her only child. Also remember life is short, hug the ones you love and never take the small things for granted. God be good to Ale
x!'
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Wow, that is sad. He had so many posts here, he was definitely a part of our community in spite of some of his colorful posts and doubts about the Dhamma, etc. he seemed to mostly enjoy his time here. He will be missed. May he be well and happy in the next life.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sad news. Thank you Bhante for passing it on.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings bhante,

Thanks for sharing... I'll pop a note onto his Facebook wall for support next time I have access to FB.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Fede

Post by Fede »

Perhaps Retro, to save swamping, you could add everybody's good wishes to yours.

May he soon enjoy a life that will free him from Samsara.
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Fede wrote:Perhaps Retro, to save swamping, you could add everybody's good wishes to yours.
Good thinking - I will do. In fact, when I do it I'll append a link to this topic...

Metta,
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

:anjali:
Mike
kirk5a

Post by kirk5a »

I am sincerely quite saddened by that news. Surprisingly, to me, as I hardly knew him or related much directly with him. Perhaps I was "pulling for him" as well. May it be that his faith in the Dhamma brings him to favorable circumstances in the next life.
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230
Lazy_eye

Post by Lazy_eye »

Are we sure this is the right guy? I thought Individual's name was William, not Alex.

Whoever it is, may he be well and may his family find the strength they need.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Lazy_eye wrote:Are we sure this is the right guy? I thought Individual's name was William, not Alex.
One and the same.... if venerable Appicchato found out through his Facebook account, it's certainly him.

Metta,
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

May he have a fortunate rebirth where he can learn the dhamma and be liberated.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
zavk

Post by zavk »

Buddho
Dhammo
Sangho

:anjali: :anjali: :anjali:
With metta,
zavk