Pulling for Individual...

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

Re: Pulling for Individual...

Postby Vepacitta » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:59 am

O I am so sorry to hear this - I really like (liked?) Indie - and always worried about him like a mother-hen - he seemed to have such mental difficulties. But he was a sweet, intelligent fun kid (to me he was a kid). A heart attack - he's so young ... it's really a shock. His poor Mum, he took such good care of her.

Indie, wherever you are, may you be happy, may you be safe and may you be at peace.

Thank you Bhante for letting us know. And thank you also Bhante for your strong support of Indie.

With Love from Mt Meru,

Vepacitta
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
Vepacitta

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 am

Here is a photo he posted of himself here at Dhamma Wheel back in Nov. 2010

Here is the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2553&p=101854#p101842
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby lojong1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 am

Sad. He has sort of been asking for it recently, praying for death and all. Painful.
I was worried about the effects of that half-experiment on him...automatically reading 'discovered I'm ineligible' as 'weaseled out of liability for probable results.'
Who knows.
lojong1

Postby Kim OHara » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:02 am

To me, Individual was someone doing the very best he could in a very difficult situation which seemed to be (mostly, anyway) not of his own making. That's all anyone can do, and I liked and respected him for it.
:meditate:
Kim
Kim OHara

Postby Dan74 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

I keep hoping that Alex will log on and tell everyone that this was just a stupid prank...

He is/was a very bright kid, afflicted like many these days with addiction and mental health issues. I liked him a lot and we exchanged PMs back in the early days when he had some interest in Zen.

In case this is true, may he have a more fortunate rebirth, may his family and friends find peace and strength in this time of loss.

He liked the Diamond Sutra (in his sig), so here are a few lines that may be appropriate:

Thus shall you think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightening in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
_/|\_
Dan74

Postby tiltbillings » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 am

Níl sa saol seo ach ceo
Is ní bheimid beo ach seal beag gearr.

There is not in this life but mist
And we will not live but a short hard time.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby catmoon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 am

Travel happily, my brother, and may the Dharma bear you swiftly to safer shores.
catmoon

Postby imagemarie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

But when, having gone
to the Buddha, Dhamma,
& Sangha for refuge,
you see with right discernment
the four noble truths —
stress,
the cause of stress,
the transcending of stress,
& the noble eightfold path,
the way to the stilling of stress:
that's the secure refuge,
that, the supreme refuge,
that is the refuge,
having gone to which,
you gain release
from all suffering & stress.
— Dhp 188-192

Such sad news. Bless you "Individual"

:bow:
imagemarie

Postby Viscid » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 pm

He was a kid. A good one.

Considering his post history, I doubt it was a simple "heart attack."

Awful news, if true. His mother had issues also, if I recall.
Last edited by bodom on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Innapropriate comment removed.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
Viscid

Postby bodom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Very sorry to hear. He was a good kid, just lost in this crazy thing we call life, as we all have been at one time or another. Much metta to William and all his family and friends.

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Reductor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 pm

His was a hard life. Now a hard end. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

In spite of his troubles, I found many of his posts sharp and insightful.

Good bye Alex.
Michael

The thoughts I've expressed in the above post are carefully considered and offered in good faith.

And friendliness towards the world is happiness for him who is forbearing with living beings. -- Ud. 2:1
To his own ruin the fool gains knowledge, for it cleaves his head and destroys his innate goodness. -- Dhp 72

Reductor

Postby adeh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Sad news...may he have a fortunate rebirth.
adeh

Postby cooran » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:21 am

May he have happiness and the Causes of happiness
May he have a fortunate rebirth and access to the Dhamma.
:anjali:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby phil » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

I will echo Cooran: "May he have a fortunate rebirth and access to Dhamma."
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
phil

Postby clw_uk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am

Bit of a shock

Very sad news
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby Hanzze » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 am

William was very different and he was somebody how really had drunken the Dhamma.
A very special being and I would wonder if his time here wouldn't have pushed him real high, nothing to worry about him. May it, that his parents had participate on the realizations he had a little, as this was his biggest wish.

What would he had say here? Thanks!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1752/1003243.jpg

The Beginning Is the End

When we're born we're already dead, you know. Aging and death are the same thing. It's like a tree. Part of it's the base; part of it's the end at the tip. When there's a base, there's an end. When there's an end, there's a base. When there's no base, there's no end. When there's an end, there has to be a base. An end without a base: That can't be. That's how it is.
So it's kind of amusing. When a person dies, we're sad and upset. We sit and cry, grieving — all kinds of things. That's delusion. It's delusion, you know. When a person dies we sob and cry. That's the way it's been since who knows when. We don't stop to examine this carefully. Actually — and excuse me for saying this — it appears to me that if you're going to cry when a person dies, it'd be better to cry when a person is born. But we have it all backwards. When a child is born, people beam and laugh from happiness. But actually birth is death. Death is birth. The beginning is the end; the end is the beginning.

by Ajahn Chah
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby daverupa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 am

The Beginning Is the End

When we're born we're already dead, you know. Aging and death are the same thing. It's like a tree. Part of it's the base; part of it's the end at the tip. When there's a base, there's an end. When there's an end, there's a base. When there's no base, there's no end. When there's an end, there has to be a base. An end without a base: That can't be. That's how it is.
So it's kind of amusing. When a person dies, we're sad and upset. We sit and cry, grieving — all kinds of things. That's delusion. It's delusion, you know. When a person dies we sob and cry. That's the way it's been since who knows when. We don't stop to examine this carefully. Actually — and excuse me for saying this — it appears to me that if you're going to cry when a person dies, it'd be better to cry when a person is born. But we have it all backwards. When a child is born, people beam and laugh from happiness. But actually birth is death. Death is birth. The beginning is the end; the end is the beginning.

by Ajahn Chah

:goodpost:
    "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.
- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
daverupa

Postby plwk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Postby kirtu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm

May our friend Individual have a happy rebirth, connect with the Dhamma at birth, attain perfect liberation and by his example and emmulation of our Teacher Shakyamuni, guide numberless beings to the further shore.

May Individual's family remember him with love and may they be comforted in their sorrow, May they be filled with joy and love at his memeory in the coming years. May all errors be forgiven and may all virtues be rejoiced in. May Individual's memory be a wave of goodness to bring happiness and joy to everyone.

:namaste:
kirtu

Postby Phra Chuntawongso » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 am

My thoughts go out to Individuals family at this time.
May the power of the Triple Gem sustain you all at this time.
With metta, Phra Greg
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Phra Chuntawongso

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements