Camping retreat Aug. 22-29

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
JeffR

Camping retreat Aug. 22-29

Post by JeffR »

Want to let people know:

Ajahn Punnadhammo will be leading a camping retreat at Arrow River Forest Hermitage from August 22 through August 29.

ARFH is located about an hours drive from Thunder Bay, Canada; or 20 minutes from the Minnesota/Canadian border (Hwy. 61). A group of us will be carpooling from the Minneapolis metro. There may be rides available from Thunder Bay (normally for a donation for gas).

There's room for about 8 more yogis. We will be staying in tents at the hermitage. http://www.arrowriver.ca/

If you'd like to attend and want to register, PM me along with your contact information. You may also PM me with specific questions you don't want to post in the forum.

Note to moderators: If this announcement will get better views in other pertinent forums, please copy and/or move.

Thanks,
Jeff :anjali:
Therein what are 'six (types of) disrespect'? One dwells without respect, without deference for the Teacher; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Teaching; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Order; one dwells without respect, without deference for the precepts; one dwells without respect, without deference for heedfulness; one dwells without respect, without deference for hospitality. These are six (types of) disrespect.
:Vibh 945
LCMD

Re: Camping retreat Aug. 22-29

Post by LCMD »

Hi Jeff,

I'll be the new Arrow River steward starting on the 21st. I hope to see a good turn out for the camping retreat.

May you be well,
Logan
Ben

Post by Ben »

Have a great retreat and watch out for bears!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
puppha

Post by puppha »

Shame I am based in Europe!
Any contact details for similar EU-based events most welcome!
:group: