Invitation to an ordination in Tasmania

Includes our Terms Of Service (please read first)

Invitation to an ordination in Tasmania

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:25 am

The Buddha-heart Fellowship invites you to attend the Ordination of Alan Piercy (Ven. Sangye Dorje), by Ven. Shih Ying-Fa, Abbot of Cloudwater Zendo, the Zen Centre of Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. When: Saturday April 20, at 2:00p.m. Where: Gutteridge Gardens, Wynyard.
Bring vegetarian finger-food for shared light refreshments later at White Dogs Book Cafe, 8 Goldie Street, Wynyard. Entry by gold coin donation. For further information call: 0417 595 600 Or Email: buddhaheartfellowship@gmail.com
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Re: Invitation to an ordination in Tasmania

Postby tiltbillings » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am

Ben wrote:
The Buddha-heart Fellowship invites you to attend the Ordination of Alan Piercy (Ven. Sangye Dorje), by Ven. Shih Ying-Fa, Abbot of Cloudwater Zendo, the Zen Centre of Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. When: Saturday April 20, at 2:00p.m. Where: Gutteridge Gardens, Wynyard.
Bring vegetarian finger-food for shared light refreshments later at White Dogs Book Cafe, 8 Goldie Street, Wynyard. Entry by gold coin donation. For further information call: 0417 595 600 Or Email: buddhaheartfellowship@gmail.com
No website for these folk. The name Ven. Sangye Dorje would indicate a Tibetan Buddhist monk, and he is getting ordained in a Chinese Chan/Zen lineage. interesting. Are you going?
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Re: Invitation to an ordination in Tasmania

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Tilt,
I would like to go, but its my wife's birthday. So, I think I'll be staying close to home.
As I said to my friend Linda, it was a delightful surprise to learn that there are monastics here and they're getting ordained in Tasmania.
Wynyard is about 2 hours away on the Northwest coast. A pleasant drive through some rural and coastal landscapes.
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Announcements