Challenges in Your Vipassana Practice?

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
pbuttner

Challenges in Your Vipassana Practice?

Post by pbuttner »

Hello Dhamma Wheel Community!

I’m looking to find a few more Vipassana practitioners to interview on my study of the challenges that Western Buddhists face in their practice. Those who have already been interviewed have found it a valuable reflection on their spiritual history and have discovered insights about their practice. I’m specifically looking for:

- Those who will have recently come off of retreat between now and the next month
- Practitioners raised in Western countries other than the US
- Practitioners of minority or marginalized populations
- And those who have left Vipassana practice altogether

Please contact me if you fit any of these criteria and are willing to participate. Also, if you know of someone or groups who may be interested, I would really appreciate you forwarding this along to them!

I’m a doctoral student at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology and long-time Vipassana practitioner, interested in asking about one’s personal challenges on the Buddhist path as well as how some of these challenges were resolved, if at all. My goal is to compile a comprehensive guide of these various challenges and resolutions, which I believe will benefit all aspirants on the spiritual path.

The interviews are completely confidential and will be done over the phone or skype at your convenience. For more information or to set up an interview, you can check out my website http://www.precariouspath.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, e-mail me at [email protected], or call me at (510) 545 6065.

Thank you so much for your help! Warmly,

Ross Buttner, MA