Error message appearing after making a post (now fixed)

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

Error message appearing after making a post (now fixed)

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings everyone,

We're experiencing a technical glitch at the moment where after making a post you may receive an error message.

The posts you make will appear, so you can ignore the error message that appears, but yes... it is a little inconvient having to deal with the error screen.

Click on "Return to Index page" to return to the index page.

We're currently working on a fix.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
nathan

Re: Error message appearing after making a post

Post by nathan »

I see there are still ongoing technical difficulties. Just fyi I noted that there were 19 replies cited for the "Dhamma Wheel Impermanence : -)" thread. Before logging on only 16 were displayed on each of three separate attempts to view the thread. After logging in, on the first attempt I got the message "the topic requested does not exist", on the second attempt it again displayed only 16 of the 19 replies cited ending with one of The Dhamma's posts and not with the one listed as having been last posted by mikenz66, so things are still haywire. That's the specifics I have noted just now.

upekkha upekkha upekkha
:anjali:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

This issue is now sorted.

Thanks for your patience.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Retro,

It's ba-a-a-ck!

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Post by cooran »

I just got this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'thedhamm_forum.phpbb_search_wordlist' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Yes, and there are two listings of "The path to purification". Presumably a double post and one was deleted, but it keeps appearing...

Mike
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Thanks... I'll investigate!

:computerproblem:

Metta,
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

It SEEMS to be fixed now...

:jedi:

... and even the Search function (which has been unavailable for the past day or so) is back and operational.

I have noticed some of the odd behaviour of the system such as that which Mike and Nathan mentioned in posts above, and have worked out a way to remove these "phantom threads".

If any new instances from this moment forward appear, please let us know here in this thread.

Thanks.

Metta,
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi Retro,

Here's some more weirdness (in case it helps to diagnose the problems):

On the View active topics view I see:\

Daily Dhamma Drops from Ceylon!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 by Bhikkhu_Samahita » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:39 pm in General Theravada discussion
by Bhikkhu_Samahita View the latest post Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 pm
No matter how many times I look at the thread, the little orange square thingie that indicates there are new posts stays there.

A quibble about Buddhadasa's teaching
by robertk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm in Classical Theravada
by clw_uk View the latest post Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:25 am
I can't see the last post. Perhaps it was deleted, but it still shows up in
View active topics.

Metta
Mike
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Mike,
mikenz66 wrote: A quibble about Buddhadasa's teaching
by robertk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm in Classical Theravada
by clw_uk View the latest post Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:25 am
I can't see the last post. Perhaps it was deleted, but it still shows up in
View active topics.
With this one, clw_uk self-deleted the post that was made. However, it shouldn't be showing up on the Active Topics.

Re: Daily Drops... I'm experiencing this anomaly too... I'm hoping it might self-correct once Bhikkhu Samahita makes his next daily Dhamma drop.

---------

I'd be particularly interested in any "new occurrences", which start occurring after the timestamp on the previous post I made, that did not occur before. Such "new occurrences" will show that there's still current problems, rather than that there were problems beforehand.

Metta,
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

retrofuturist wrote:I'm hoping it might self-correct once Bhikkhu Samahita makes his next daily Dhamma drop.
Hey, that's an interesting slant, Bhante's posts as Dhamma parcels from the sky... :tongue:

Mike
nathan

Post by nathan »

I noted the problem had returned when I made this post. I assumed others would note it as well.
Re: you gotta believe
New postby nathan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:42 pm

metta lil' server
:anjali:

edit: didn't happen again when I posted this.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}