Dana - suggested places to make donations

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Laurens

Re: Dana - suggested places to make donations

Post by Laurens »

I don't know if it is entirely relevant to this topic, but here is a site in which for each question you answer correctly they donate 10 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger.

http://www.freerice.com/
"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Donuts Dad

Post by Donuts Dad »

I given recently to the Buddhist Relief Mission and Khmer Buddhist Relief. A positive experience with them both

http://www.khmerbuddhistrelief.org/index.htm
http://www.brelief.org/
Marcus Epicurus

Post by Marcus Epicurus »

may i suggest a no-kill animal shelter as a good place to donate to ?
starter

Post by starter »

Hello friends,

I just got an email from a monk about their newly established non-profit organization Buddhistisches Kloster Berlin:

"...here in berlin, we're doing dhammically good, though we're very small. if there was not the financial side, i would love that because i can give a lot of time to individuals, which nobody can nor wants to in a big show. for that, i have the good fortune to attract very dedicated people. after the dipankara retreat, one woman decided to send her 16 year old daughter - a very good talent - to meditate in asia for a year, so we are preparing that. another guy wants to ordain as a monk permanently. yesterday we had six people to meditate between 5.30 and 7 am, which surprised me. most of these people don't have much money, though, and so our existence is very fragile. essentially, we need more monthly donations to be able to rent a place..."

Thought it might be a good place for dana, if you want to help them ...

Account: Buddhistisches Kloster Berlin
account number: 1209394
bank code: 700 310 00
Bank:Bankhaus Ludwig Sperrer
Marienplatz 5-6
85354 Freising
Germany
IBAN: DE 40 70031000 0001209394
BIC/Swift: BHLSDEM1

For details of tax deduction:

Buddhistisches Kloster Freising e.V.,
Domberg 10
85354 Freising
08161-8627310
or email [email protected]

Metta to all!
glowacki

Post by glowacki »

Hello!

I just wanted to echo that the Buddhistisches Kloster Berlin is a great place for dana.

I have personally donated to them and am very impressed by the great results they've gotten in such a short period of time. The idea behind it, that in-depth and focused attention on a small group of people is key to advancement, is brilliant, and overall it is such a worthwhile project. There aren't enough such projects, and some of that is because they need outside support. This place is still relatively new and to sustain itself, it will need help. So, I hope others seriously consider supporting it!

With metta
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

They have a great program of study and practice of the Buddha's teachings, as you can also see from their Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Buddhi ... 6371309218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations
jenng

Post by jenng »

Over the past year, I have had the privilege of studying Dhamma with Bhante Piyadhammo. I have been amazed by the level of dedication that he has demonstrated to me and others who are serious about deepening their knowledge and understanding of the Buddha's teaching.

Not only is Bhante Piyadhammo a wealth of knowledge with respect to the Pali Canon who generously shares his time and expertise with others, but he has a gift for showing students, in a personalized way, how to bring the Dhamma to life in one's everyday activities.

I enthusiastically encourage anyone who wishes to support a place where people can go to deepen their meditation practice and find exceptional guidance in sutta study to give dana to this organization.

Jennifer
Sven

Post by Sven »

starter wrote:Hello friends,

I just got an email from a monk about their newly established non-profit organization Buddhistisches Kloster Berlin:

"...here in berlin, we're doing dhammically good, though we're very small. if there was not the financial side, i would love that because i can give a lot of time to individuals, which nobody can nor wants to in a big show. for that, i have the good fortune to attract very dedicated people. after the dipankara retreat, one woman decided to send her 16 year old daughter - a very good talent - to meditate in asia for a year, so we are preparing that. another guy wants to ordain as a monk permanently. yesterday we had six people to meditate between 5.30 and 7 am, which surprised me. most of these people don't have much money, though, and so our existence is very fragile. essentially, we need more monthly donations to be able to rent a place..."
I'm really surprised, that to read.
This project is my first contact with buddhism and it is important for me.
Tan Phyadammo is a first class teacher for the spirit way. He helps me, to understand the way.... and I have many questions. :thinking:
Why? He is to be in a position, this to do for all, who interested for "driving while blind".
thanks for reading this.
Sven
Account: Buddhistisches Kloster Berlin
account number: 1209394
bank code: 700 310 00
Bank:Bankhaus Ludwig Sperrer
Marienplatz 5-6
85354 Freising
Germany
IBAN: DE 40 70031000 0001209394
BIC/Swift: BHLSDEM1
jenng

Post by jenng »

Here is a link to talks by Tan Piyadhammo:

http://www.archive.org/details/Speaking ... alBuddhism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.archive.org/details/TruthInT ... htfoldPath" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are others at archive.org
starter

Post by starter »

Hi friends,

You might be interested in supporting the newly established Wat Saccha (in Berlin) via their donation platform by using Paypal or credit card:

English - Piyadhammo Bhikkhu: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000935529793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donations & Project Development Blog: http://www.betterplace.org/en/users/tan_p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is my experience with the abbot of Wat Sacca:

I consider Tan Piyadhammo as my first Dhamma teacher, who has been very helpful to my Dhamma practice. I feel very fortunate to have met him when I was just starting my practice in 2010 -- my very first day in a Theravada monastery. It was him who steered me toward the right direction, that is learning the Buddha's teaching by reading Majjhima Nikaya The Middle-length Discourses. I was reading some other teachings in the library of that monastery, thinking about buying and reading MN at home. but he kindly and firmly stopped me from reading those books since as a beginner I didn't have the knowledge and wisdom to distinguish the wrong from the right, and the wrong views once formed are so difficult to correct. I realized later that he was very right about this. The most important thing for a beginner is to obtain right view by learning the Buddha's teachings, instead of being misled and getting lost in some other seemingly right by actually wrong teachings, which could so easily happen (not only to beginners). I also appreciate very much that he recommended to me some very good teachers (probably the best teachers available in Theravada), and prevented me from falling into "wrong hands". I owe my small success in the practice largely to his right guidance at the beginning of my practice. I know he is keen on talent supporting, and has found and supported quite some talents in the Dhamma practice. I believe that some of these talents have made and/or will make important contributions to the Dhamma in not too far future. I sincerely trust that his effort is very worth our support, and hope you'll join the team of his supporters.

Metta to all,

Starter
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

I found out that in order to donate remotely to the UK you'll need a credit card. IBAN numbers do not work well :(
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Let us not forget that we have a number of monastics who are regulars and less-frequent visitors and contributors to Dhamma Wheel.
For those who are so inclined and have the means, I recommend you approach one or more of our monastic members and ask how you may be able to support them.
This would be a wonderful thing to do.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
rowboat

Post by rowboat »

Arrow River Forest Hermitage is one of four Theravadin Buddhist monasteries in Canada: Birken Forest Monastery, Arrow River Forest Hermitage, Tisarana Forest Monastery, and Sati Saraniya Hermitage, which is a bhikkuni monastery.

Located in a remote part of northern Ontario, the supporting lay community for Arrow River is understandably very small. It's very likely that the bhikkhus at Arrow River could do with some support. http://www.arrowriver.ca/danapage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, here is the dana page for Sati Saraniya Hermitage, if anyone wishes to offer support to the bhikkunis of Canada: http://satisaraniya.ca/supporting-the-h ... l-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:anjali:
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5
Buckwheat

Post by Buckwheat »

Hello Everybody,

San Francisco Zen Center runs a program to become a pen pal with a prisoner who is interested in Buddhism. This is nearly free, involves an activity we all love (writing about dhamma), and has a huge potential for positive change. Mail is forwarded from the center and you can use a pen name.

http://www.sfzc.org/cc/display.asp?catid=1,8&pageid=488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.