Should I tell the person in charge what is going on?

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
whattodo

Should I tell the person in charge what is going on?

Post by whattodo »

Hi

I am having a difficult time with two of my coworkes. I am an apprentice and I can fail because one of them is constantly manipulating with what I did or not did or with what I said or didn't say. It has been like this since the begining but it is getting worse now and I am just tired of constantly being tossed around. This person is telling my mentor things that are not true, but this things can result in me failing. The other has brutally screamed on my coworker, and than said to my mentor that I was rude to her by taking her chair and making some sort of weird facial expression. I know it is silly, I did not know she was sitting there, she was not in the room whan I sat there and I stood up and offered her a chair when she said that was her chair, but she said it was ok. She is not always using this particular chair and there were like 5 other empty chairs in the room. And then she went and tell my mentor that I was rude :shrug: :shrug: and she brutally shouted on the other apprentice and it was not his fault for things not going as she has planned. I know other people had bad experiences in the past with these two persons and failed. I was quiet for a long time, but I feel like I need to say something. It just difficult to work in this kind of atmosphere and it is difficult to concentrate on my work. I have not done anything wrong, why should I fail then? And the other person knows what has happened, that she yelled on him, but said nothing, eventhough this person is a deputy manager, but my mentor is hierarchically above her.

thank you
Ben

Re: Should I tell the person in charge what is going on?

Post by Ben »

Document everything.
Also, if you have a human resources manager you should enquire about your workplace bullying and harassment policy. If there has been a pattern of similar behaviour in the past, it might be useful reaching out to those employees who have left and documenting their experiences as well. Evidence is your friend,
Wishing you all the best,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..