My way to enlightenment

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
villkorkarma

My way to enlightenment

Post by villkorkarma »

Hello I believe I am very close to the first level of enlightenment, not so much hate and delusion left.
Well, i am very afraid of loosing control and do something stupid again so I will feel very scared and feel very miserable, very miserable.
I think I have been near the first level of enlightenment when I was a kid, but I didnt have the motivation to continue my practise, but I feel I have strong motivation becourse I know how hard the life can be and how miserable one can feel.
It feelt good to talk to you with that. Work out your own salvation. Thank you for a good forum.
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
retrofuturist

Re: My way to enlightenment

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings villkorkarma,

Well, keep at it.

Just be prepared for the possibility that what currently feels "very close" to the first level of enlightenment, may well feel "very far away" from it some time in the future.

What would such a backwards step in your self-assessment do to your practice? Be prepared.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Re: My way to enlightenment

Post by Ben »

Greetings villkorkarma,
villkorkarma wrote:Hello I believe I am very close to the first level of enlightenment,
In the words of my teacher:
Be mindful! be heedful! be careful!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..