Beginning to understand, but confuzed...

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
2600htz

Beginning to understand, but confuzed...

Post by 2600htz »

Hello:

This dhamma its so tricky and illusory for the ones who doesnt understand :)
So, unpleasant feeling arise, then craving comes (i dont like that feeling), then clinging arise: all stories about what i dont like, AND ALL STORIES OF WHATS THE METHOD TO RELIEF THAT PAIN: Ok i have to "let go", i have to relax, i have to do this to stop that.
This last one i only start noticing now...always when an unpleasant feeling arise in my meditation, unconsciousness i think "ok, what i will do next its the key to relief that". Well, for one meditation i stop believing in that ideas, and letting go of them, and a lot of joy came...
Now, i see my ideas about the subjecte where my worst enemy.
But also, i dont know how to procede, i mean if most of my actions are unconsciousness attached to the craving, a lot of times dont know in who i trust..

How do you do it?

Thanks!
rowyourboat

Re: Beginning to understand, but confuzed...

Post by rowyourboat »

Sounds like you are starting off.. dont worry too much about whethe you are doing the right method etc etc. Dont worry too much about suppressing craving/attachment either. This is a gradual path- with time your faculties will be mature enough to face these very strong defilements- but not right now. So sit back and enjoy your meditation. Let it grow naturally. Read and understand the dhamma little by little everyday. Dont force it. You will be fine. Stay with the forum and ask any questions you might have on the way.

with metta
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha
Viscid

Re: Beginning to understand, but confuzed...

Post by Viscid »

2600htz wrote:But also, i dont know how to procede, i mean if most of my actions are unconsciousness attached to the craving, a lot of times dont know in who i trust..

How do you do it?
I am no authority in these matters, however:

There is no forcing progress in meditation, progress happens with practice. It takes a long time.

'In who to trust:' Go with what you determine sounds the most true, it's the best one can do. Determine what is the best choice in how to practice based on thorough enough investigation and trail and error.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James