I am aware that this is a Theravadin forum, I have questions

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Mukunda

Re: I am aware that this is a Theravadin forum, I have questions

Post by Mukunda »

smokey wrote:I have decided even before I read your answers to my questions that I will not switch to Mahayana, but it would be great to go to that Dharma Center I talked about. There are no Theravadin Centers except the Goenka's 10-day retreat, but I am in search of a teacher that would teach me all about Dhamma-Vinaya.
There are no Theravadin centers in my area, so I attend and support a Gelug Dharma center. I had a firm foundation in the basics of the Theravada before I started and that actually helped me make sense of a lot of Mahayana teachings. I'm still not sure about a few Mahayana teachings, but they are inconsequential compared to the support and training I receive from Geshela and the Sangha.

Occasional retreats are great, and are a vital part of my practice. But IMO nothing beats having a brick and mortar center to go to and a flesh and blood Sangha to rely on whenever I need them.
:anjali: