A Whole Book on Meditation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

A Whole Book on Meditation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Postby Goob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey!

Since ven. Thanissaro's last book on mindfulness and Sati got so much attention here on the boards I thought I'd link to his new book dealing more specifically with the intricacies of his particular method of meditation - 'With Each & Every Breath'! Published a couple of days ago, it's a real page-turner, I'm sure.
Goob

Re: A Whole Book on Meditation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Goob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Ah yes, the link.. :tongue:
Goob

Postby Kamran » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. This looks very good, and covers jhana practice, which is not as common in meditation manuals I have seen.
When this concentration is thus developed, thus well developed by you, then wherever you go, you will go in comfort. Wherever you stand, you will stand in comfort. Wherever you sit, you will sit in comfort. Wherever you lie down, you will lie down in comfort.
Kamran

Postby twelph » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 pm

I've been waiting for him to make a book like this. As much as I appreciate his constant quoting of the Suttas, it gives the book a disjointed feeling.
twelph

Postby marc108 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

also been waiting for a book like this, thanks for the heads up!!
"It's easy for us to connect with what's wrong with us... and not so easy to feel into, or to allow us, to connect with what's right and what's good in us."
marc108

Return to Theravada Meditation