International Dhamma Hermitage

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
pink_trike

International Dhamma Hermitage

Post by pink_trike »

Has anyone here retreated at the International Dhamma Hermitage - Wat Suan Mokkh in Chaiya, Thailand? If so, I"m curious what your experience was with the center. I'm fine with squat toilets, pot bathing, sleeping on the floor, sleeping outside, etc...but I'm no spring chicken anymore - I prefer clean water and reasonably sanitary food preparation facilities, and a well-managed retreat schedule. From the pics on the website, it looks downright swank, but any feedback would be helpful. thanks.

http://www.suanmokkh-idh.org/idh-pictures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
appicchato

Re: International Dhamma Hermitage

Post by appicchato »

Hi pink,

It's been a few years since I've been there but I felt it's all it's cracked up to be...clean water, good food, and what I felt was a good schedule...considering it's popularity, and longevity, it's probably still an excellent way to spend ten days...starts on the first of every month as I recall...(haven't been to the website)...

And there's a dynamite hot spring to indulge in too...au naturale...no tanks, concrete, or walls...just pond...

PM me if you've got any specific queries... :smile: