21-days no-carb no-sugar challenge

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Ben

Re: 21-days no-carb no-sugar challenge

Post by Ben »

Greetings Kizma,

Congratulations on reducing the sugar in your diet!
I'm not sure exactly what you would like me to share an opinion on. Is it in regards to low-carb diet, "biologically active water", or was it something else?
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

As a diabetic, I can assure you that fruit will spike your blood sugar levels!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
kizma

Post by kizma »

I'm not sure exactly in which way fruits are better than bread, pasta and cookies.
I do know through experience that on an empty stomach, I will feel refreshed and energized after having fruit. After having the same weight in bread, pasta or cookies, I'll often have a huge drop of energy, dullness and fatigue, but more easily satiated.
I have a tendancy to attribute these experiences to the wholesomeness of fruit, it's inner balance of water, vitamins and minerals.
In my experience, melons eaten alone feel the best. Next comes fruits like apples with pears or oranges with grapefruits and in a third group bananas with dates or apricots with prunes.
They seem to me to be ordered by ratio water/sugars.
I prefer avoiding if possible the last group more often than not, even though the taste is immensely satisfying to me, as they are the only ones I have had bad experiences with and felt most addicted to.
I do feel like I could survive days and weeks on only melons without any health issues. I do not frel the same about transformed cereals althought I've behaved like it was the other way around.
My knowledge of nutrition is limited, but I have read enough works on the subject to have noticed how controversial the field was. I have a cautious attitude towards the official research done by my country's government as it is often founded by the dairy, grains and pharmaceutical industries. This is not, however, enough to automatically give reason to their detractors.

I would be delighted if anyone who has more experience could point to a mistake in any of these reflections, as I would be glad to learn more. As for sugar spikes, I can't translate that idea into a noticeable experience, if not a hypothetical drop after the spike which can be felt as dullness and fatigue.

Next 21-day challenge is to eat one salad each day!
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

if you're not diabetic, you don't have to worry about it
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/