Self Hypnosis

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
greggorious

Self Hypnosis

Post by greggorious »

Bought a self Hypnosis programme that "Promises" a cure for anxiety and depression. If you reading this are anything like me, you'd be sceptical too, but it was only a couple of pounds and I haven't got anything to lose. I'm meant to do hypnosis sessions for 21 days. So lets wait and see. I may as well try everything.
"The original heart/mind shines like pure, clear water with the sweetest taste. But if the heart is pure, is our practice over? No, we must not cling even to this purity. We must go beyond all duality, all concepts, all bad, all good, all pure, all impure. We must go beyond self and nonself, beyond birth and death. When we see with the eye of wisdom, we know that the true Buddha is timeless, unborn, unrelated to any body, any history, any image. Buddha is the ground of all being, the realization of the truth of the unmoving mind.” Ajahn Chah
James the Giant

Re: Self Hypnosis

Post by James the Giant »

Sounds interesting, one of my friends is a Clinical Hypnotist, she does it for money in conjunction with doctors and counsellors etc.
Let me know how it goes, I'd be interested too. I'm not sure what for, but I'd be interested.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
greggorious

Post by greggorious »

James, I see you're in Perth. Do you practice under Ajahn Brahm? I love him, very wise and very amusing. He's also from the same part of London that I'm from.
"The original heart/mind shines like pure, clear water with the sweetest taste. But if the heart is pure, is our practice over? No, we must not cling even to this purity. We must go beyond all duality, all concepts, all bad, all good, all pure, all impure. We must go beyond self and nonself, beyond birth and death. When we see with the eye of wisdom, we know that the true Buddha is timeless, unborn, unrelated to any body, any history, any image. Buddha is the ground of all being, the realization of the truth of the unmoving mind.” Ajahn Chah
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I was in that path (self Hypnosis) long time ago. Then I read this book and I got it free. :D

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/buddh ... gsurw6.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”