71 year old man regularly climbs 1,237 in Thailand

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
DNS
Site Admin

71 year old man regularly climbs 1,237 in Thailand

Post by DNS »

A 71 year old man originally from the UK, regularly climbs 1,237 steps up a mountain in Thailand.

(found this video on my stairclimbing facebook page)
Reductor

Re: 71 year old man regularly climbs 1,237 in Thailand

Post by Reductor »

As a 28 year old... God, I'm tired just from watching.

Hahaha.

I hope to be in good health like that should I make it to 71.
robertk

Post by robertk »

he has a way to go to catch the japanese guy I mentioned - who i met- who everyday climbs a 3333 step mountain . And does it fives times (each day).

http://wikitravel.org/en/Misato_%28Kumamoto%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3333 Stone Steps (日本一の石段). These are the most stone steps in Japan. In November, there is a challenge to climb these steps. Access is by car, or bus from the Kumamoto City Bus terminal. Paid parking is available. The nearby restaurants are open seasonly. Water is available along the climb, but food is only sold at the base of the stairs. Stone markers exists every 100 steps to mark progress. At the top, there is a scenic overlook of the surrounding mountains. A little more than a kilometer past the last step is a shrine. Allow for between one and three hours to climb, and an hour to descend. The climb is nearly two kilometers and the summit is 600 meters above the start
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Would want to try the one in Thailand out :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Stairs seems to be pretty popular in Asia, especially going up to a monastery or temple.

The stairs going to the large Buddha statue and monastery at Lantau Island, Hong Kong.