ordination in Bali

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
dhammarelax

ordination in Bali

Postby dhammarelax » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello friends has anyone telephone numbers that I could call to become ordained in Bali Indonesia?
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5

ryanM

Re: ordination in Bali

Postby ryanM » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm

It looks like you accidentally posted this twice! Thought I'd let you know :)
sabbe dhammā nālaṃ abhinivesāya

pilgrim

Postby pilgrim » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 am

There are a number of Buddhist centers and temples in Bali but I doubt if any of them do ordinatons. The closest could be a temple near Borobudur, Vihara Mendut (near the historical Candi Mendut), which is one of the main Theravada monasteries in Java.

paul

Postby paul » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 am

Indonesia would be a good place to practice as it's free of the serious religious tensions between Buddhists and other religions which exist in the Theravada countries, in fact it's an example of religious harmony to the Theravada countries and in addition Buddhism is growing there from a new base, giving vitality.

“If there is no Islam, it is not Indonesia; if there is no Christianity, it is not Indonesia; if there is no Hinduism, it is not Indonesia; if there is no Buddhism, it's not Indonesia."
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2016 ... nesia.html
Last edited by paul on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

pilgrim

Postby pilgrim » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:30 pm

This article about Ven Tiradhammo's visit to temples in Bali may be of interest too.
http://tiradhammo.blogspot.my/2013/07/v ... 0th-i.html

bhante dhamma

Postby bhante dhamma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 am

hi, im a monk who does samanera prdinations in lombok (near bali k) in bali itself.in the past they had pabbajja also but in recent times.it.hasnt occured, in bali you cant really ordain like in theravada country, there is one place that offers.english based.vipassana stuff if.thats your flavour if not next year there.may be another.pabbajja message me if you want.to chat.further

Return to “Ordination and Monastic Life”