Living in the forest

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Saoshun

Living in the forest

Post by Saoshun »

Hello, can fellow monks give me any ideas how they survive if they are any in the forest? I actually want to start solitude place in the forest, build it by myself and then start monk life by myself.

There are any buddhist books how to live that kind of life? To keep up hygine? I found place near water stream so I can clean myself and wash clothes. My plan is tu build a hut and meditate. I collect couple methods to sustain my health by natural means.

Besides begging with bowl I would try to look up into herbs and eating whatever I can cook in small fire.

Any ideas drop it here please. :anjali:
Remember… the Buddha had said that everyone living in this world is crazy, by the phrase, “Sabbē prutajjana ummattakā”; excluding the Arahants, everyone else is crazy. Would you get angry if a mad person scolds? Do we get angry for a crazy thing done by a crazy person? Just think about it! :candle:
SarathW

Re: Living in the forest

Post by SarathW »

Do you intend to use money and own assets?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Reminds me of this guy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
dhammacoustic

Post by dhammacoustic »

I found place near water stream so I can clean myself and wash clothes

Is it possible that you could provide us with some pictures of this place? I'd like to hear more details before I say anything. What exactly are you planning to do, and for how long?

:anjali:
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

SarathW wrote:Do you intend to use money and own assets?

Money yes, assets - not yet.
clw_uk wrote:Reminds me of this guy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That wonderful idea.
dhammacoustic wrote:
I found place near water stream so I can clean myself and wash clothes

Is it possible that you could provide us with some pictures of this place? I'd like to hear more details before I say anything. What exactly are you planning to do, and for how long?

:anjali:

For as long as possible. Pictures I would try to do them but I can't right no as I'm abroad.

Build place to sleep/meditate like a hut and meditate.

Food I would I have from begging.

I wish it would be cheaper https://www.ecocapsule.sk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Remember… the Buddha had said that everyone living in this world is crazy, by the phrase, “Sabbē prutajjana ummattakā”; excluding the Arahants, everyone else is crazy. Would you get angry if a mad person scolds? Do we get angry for a crazy thing done by a crazy person? Just think about it! :candle:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Why don't you go to a monastery and ordain?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Ben

Post by Ben »

Do you have permission to build and live where you intend to stay?
Unless you have bush skills - I don't recommend it. You'll have enough on your plate with intensive meditation practice.
My advice to you is to stay at a suitable meditation centre or monastery that will be supportive of you doing an extended program of intensive practice.
All the best,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

SarathW wrote:Why don't you go to a monastery and ordain?
I wish to do, I send some email to ordain myself as a monk but I got no response, maybe it was jhanic season.

Secondly I do not know if I could practice methods of meditation which I discovered by my own or being kick out because of certain practices (supportive towards meditations and jhana abortions)