obtaining an invitation letter

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
makarasilapin

obtaining an invitation letter

Post by makarasilapin »

i'm most likely heading to thailand this summer to ordain but don't have a specific monastery to write me an invitation letter. i remember last time the guy at the thai consulate said that i just need "anything on paper". does anyone know if the invitation letter needs to include any specific information or...?
James the Giant

Re: obtaining an invitation letter

Post by James the Giant »

My understanding was that you could go on a tourist visa, visit the monastery you decide on, get the letter, then have your visa changed over.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
makarasilapin

Post by makarasilapin »

James the Giant wrote:My understanding was that you could go on a tourist visa, visit the monastery you decide on, get the letter, then have your visa changed over.
that's more work than i'd like - are you familiar with thailand's immigration office? :D
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

makarasilapin wrote:
James the Giant wrote:My understanding was that you could go on a tourist visa, visit the monastery you decide on, get the letter, then have your visa changed over.
that's more work than i'd like - are you familiar with thailand's immigration office? :D
Hehe, yes it would definitely be easier to do it your way!
Best wishes
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11