Prayers for SATTVA

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Re: Prayers for SATTVA

Postby Ben » Fri May 11, 2012 11:31 am

Another, very pleasing, update....

Hello again,

I'm happy to say that Louise has phoned me a few times just recently. She wanted me to say hello to you and pass on the latest news. Her kidney function, while still not where it should be, is stable: so, no dialysis! Tomorrow she's moving to the sixth floor Physical Therapy, and she'll probably stay there for about two weeks, I think. She sounds MUCH more vibrant and happy!

Smiling!
C
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Good News!

Hope she has a speedy recovery and comes back on soon :hug:
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sat May 12, 2012 12:21 am

I'll repeat: have a steady and fast recovery Louise! :group:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby jonno » Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm

HI my beloved LB. hang on in there blessed one. My thoughts and prayers are with you. LOVE LOVE LOVE John
jonno

Postby sattva » Thu May 31, 2012 4:23 am

Thank you everyone for your prayers, chants, and the sending of good thoughts to me. I won't reply in depth right now. Forgive me. I still don't feel up to a lengthy reply. After getting out of the hospital, I went to a nursing rehab facility where i ended up getting an infection on the surface of my skin. The heart surgeon put me back in the hospital for a week. I just got out yesterday and will be receiving IV antibiotics for awhile longer here at home. I am using oxygen now too. Hope that changes. I am tired, but glad to be home.

Love and hugs to you all :heart: :group:
Wishing: In gladness and in safety,
May all beings be at ease.
---from the Metta Sutta
sattva

Postby retrofuturist » Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 am

Greetings Louise,

Take care.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am

:heart:
:anjali:
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 am

Take care of yourself and rest well Louise. Sukhi hotu! :anjali: :heart:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
Kiva-Theravada Buddhists:http://www.kiva.org/team/theravada_buddhists
Dana on the Interwebs:
http://greatergood.com
http://freerice.com
Khalil Bodhi

Postby Modus.Ponens » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Love and hugs to you too. :group:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Good to know you are back at home :) and recuperating in a familiar environment!

Be Well My Friend :)
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Glad you're back home and doing relatively well. Metta.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Reductor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:00 am

I'm glad you pulled through the operation, Sattva.

May you be well and happy!

:heart:
Michael

The thoughts I've expressed in the above post are carefully considered and offered in good faith.

And friendliness towards the world is happiness for him who is forbearing with living beings. -- Ud. 2:1
To his own ruin the fool gains knowledge, for it cleaves his head and destroys his innate goodness. -- Dhp 72

Reductor

Postby manas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:23 am

Hi sattva,

there's a time and a season for everything, and right now for you it's the season for lots of rest, relaxation and healing...definitely don't exert yourself with replies to us, we are fine...just get well!

:heart: ,

manas. :anjali:

May the Triple Gem of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha be with you and protect you, Sattva.
Primum non nocere: "first, do no harm."
manas

Postby sattva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 pm

I am still struggling with new and old complications, but so thankful to be here with all of you!
:bow: :heart:
---from the Metta Sutta
sattva

Postby Modus.Ponens » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 am

How are you doing sattva? Hope you're doing well. :group:
Modus.Ponens

Postby sattva » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 am

Modus.Ponens wrote:How are you doing sattva? Hope you're doing well. :group:

Thanks for asking MP :heart: What I wrote in my previous post still holds true. Hope all is well with you :)
---from the Metta Sutta
sattva

Postby Reductor » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 pm

May you be well, Sattva. Hope those complications dissipate like so much dew in the sunshine.
Michael

The thoughts I've expressed in the above post are carefully considered and offered in good faith.

And friendliness towards the world is happiness for him who is forbearing with living beings. -- Ud. 2:1
To his own ruin the fool gains knowledge, for it cleaves his head and destroys his innate goodness. -- Dhp 72

Reductor

Postby jonno » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:03 am

Hi lb, glad to hear you are home again.As always my prayers and love are with you. Love bb
jonno

Postby Modus.Ponens » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Hello Sattva

I haven't been in the chat these days so I haven't seen you in a while, or heard about you. How are you doing?

Metta
Modus.Ponens

Postby Annapurna » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 pm

(((Sattva)))
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Previous

Return to Shrine Room