Rendering the new strawbale meditation hall

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Ben

Rendering the new strawbale meditation hall

Post by Ben »

Hi all

This video was just uploaded of the progress of the build of the new straw-bale meditation hall at one of the centre's I;ve been associated with in Australia.
This is Vipassana Meditation Centre (VMC) Dhamma Aloka.
Some of the people in the video I know, all are volunteers.

For me, personally, its humbling to see dana taking form and manifesting in new facilities.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Paññāsikhara

Re: Rendering the new strawbale meditation hall

Post by Paññāsikhara »

Excellent! :clap:

May buddhas and arhats soon fill the vihara!
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.
Theravadidiliana

Post by Theravadidiliana »

Wow thanks for posting this Ben. I recognised at least 3 dhamma friends in there. Jarrah, Johnny and maybe Spider (not sure). Definitley Johnny and Jarrah. Reminds me of way back when we did the same work for the hall at Dhamma Bhumi. I think I saw Annie and Harold in there too.

:)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yes, Annie is there as is my old friend, John B. A few others whose names i have forgotten. I must be getting old!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..