inspirational buddhist wood carvings

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
befriend

inspirational buddhist wood carvings

Post by befriend »

here is a picture of a wood carving I did of buddhas final words before his parinibbana. it says All is Flux strive on with diligence, I keep it in my meditation room and its nice to reflect on. if anyone wants a pithy Buddhist saying carved in wood I can make one its a charitable way to keep me working with my hands, and have a passion. it looks better in real life. I wouldn't charge anything for it. metta, befriend
Attachments
all is flux wood carving.jpg
all is flux wood carving.jpg (178.02 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
SarathW

Re: inspirational buddhist wood carvings

Post by SarathW »

A Buddhist holy text, the Diamond Sūtra is considered to be the oldest surviving dated printed book in the world.

Found in a walled up cave in China along with other printed materials, the book is made up of Chinese characters printed on a scroll of grey printed paper, wrapped along a wooden pole.

The book was copied by a man called Wong Jei, in May 868 AD, on the instruction of his parents, which is noted at the end of the text.

Source: 1. Image: 1.

Estimated age: 1,145 years old.

https://wiganlanebooks.co.uk/blog/inter ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=======
Thanks Befriend.
People like you make the history!
:)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”