Guidelines for the Discovering Theravada forum

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:40 am

The purpose of the Discovering Theravada forum is to enable beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to learn more about the Theravada Buddhist tradition.

To support this purpose, responses made by members need to be manually approved by a moderator or administrator before being made visible.

When responding to questions in this section, please do your best to appropriately and accurately represent the Theravada tradition, keeping your posts free of:

- Personal opinion
- The perspectives of other religions or Buddhist traditions
- Derision of alternative views
- Irrelevancies and idle chatter

When it comes to questions seeking clarification on contentious issues we are looking for responses that are balanced and present alternative points of view objectively.

Moderators aim to assess posts within a maximum of 12 hours. If your post is not approved (in part or in whole) we will endeavour to explain why via PM.

Thank you for your assistance.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Discovering Theravāda