a symbol to represent this moment

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Crazy cloud

Re: a symbol to represent this moment

Post by Crazy cloud »

purple planet wrote:im not sure about that symbol - but a symbol or something that represents can help snap me back in present moment - not as a movement symbol - or trying to sell it to others non-Buddhist - strictly for self use
I use a question, followed by a reminder:

"What is the content of this moment?" (posture, mood, etc..) followed up by a short reminder: " just this breath ... "

That usually does the trick for me - be well and happy, friend :)
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

I wear a mala on my wrist... given that I use my hands all the time, I have a tendency to see it a lot. If I need to remove it for doing anything, I put it somewhere, where i can see it (for example, if I'm cooking and preparing food at a work surface, I will hang it from the cabinet handle just in front of me....)
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....
peterdac

Post by peterdac »

Don't know! or Don't know?
Both or neither. What ever.
Who or what is it that knows?
What knows that?

Got the picture?
Beyond > :thinking: