YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

i need a teacher!!! - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

i need a teacher!!!

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
alan...

Re: i need a teacher!!!

Postby alan... » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 pm

alan...

Postby alan... » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm

alan...

Postby alan... » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 pm

sarahypp

Postby sarahypp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Dharma is Dharma... there is no difference in any lineage you pursue. If you have a Buddhist temple near you, be grateful and pay homage to the Buddha in the temple.

The basics of Dharma can never be any different, it is all the same in all lineage. It is only the higher practices that when the difference of the Buddhist schools is apparent. So go ahead and study the basics and practice it.

If you love Theravada lineage, then do listen to Ajahn Brahm's youtube teachings. I'm from the Vajrayana school, and still I love listening to Him, so much wisdom and very practical teachings that has helped me lead a happier life after I start applying it to my life. Just google Ajahn's name and you will see so many teachings there... I love His teachings.

The point is, never make an excuse for yourself. Although you've mentioned that you wanted to be ordained as a monk... never let anything hold you back because being a monk you can help many and even your family. The Buddha did not leave his family because he thought it was a selfish act, but because seeking Enlightenment is above all that is important in life. Family and friends, we can only help them so little if we remain the way we are... but with great Dharma practice, we can help them tremendously, even at the point of death, which is the most important moment for us all.

I wish you great accomplishments in this life, may you gain great attainments.

alan...

Postby alan... » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

sarahypp

Postby sarahypp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 am

Hmm, I had the initial opinion that you were solely looking for Theravada tradition, and thought I'd point out that better to get Dharma from another lineage where available than none at all. I've obviously misunderstood your point and for that I apologize.

Which part of the world are you from? I live in a place where Theravada tradition is abundance and many of my friends come from this practice. Perhaps I can ask around to connect you with a teacher near you.

alan...

Postby alan... » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 am

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”