book trades....

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

book trades....

Postby jcsuperstar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

that other thread about used books got me thinking, maybe some of us have books we'd be interested in trading?

we've have to trust each other to make the trade or everything will just fall apart.

maybe if youre intersted you can make a have to trade and a wants list

and we can see about swappin'

:anjali:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Re: book trades....

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Greetings JC,

Sounds like a good idea, just so long as everyone understands they participate in such trades at their own risk, and that Dhamma Wheel is not responsible for any unsatisfactory consequences that might arise because a trade doesn't pan out as intended. I also think that it's reasonable if people just want to give books away that they can ask the receipient to pay for the postage if they wish to do so.

:soap:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: book trades....

Postby adeh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:18 am

I'm interested.....what's on offer?
adeh

Return to Lounge