I like dhammawheel.

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

I like dhammawheel.

Postby Mawkish1983 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 pm

I'd like to share this thought: I like dhammawheel.

It seems more welcoming, warm, friendly and open than other forums I have used.

So, to the creators and contributors of dhammawheel: thank you :)
Mawkish1983

Re: I like dhammawheel.

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks Mawkish... I like it too.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby adeh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm

So do I.
adeh

Postby Ben » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Its great to see DhammaWheel develop into something that is of real benefit to practitioners and those interested in the Theravada.
It is due to everyone involved, not least our 'regular' members, that we have such a brilliant site. Thank you to you all.
Metta

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Individual » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 am

Mawkish1983 wrote:I'd like to share this thought: I like dhammawheel.

It seems more welcoming, warm, friendly and open than other forums I have used.

So, to the creators and contributors of dhammawheel: thank you :)

It's the best Buddhist forum I've found yet. Other forums are more active, but this forum is active enough and the knowledge of the posters here is what makes it so nice.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Individual

Postby appicchato » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:50 am

Individual wrote:It's the best Buddhist forum I've found yet.

Ditto...
appicchato

Postby pink_trike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 am

appicchato wrote:

Ditto...

Double ditto....
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
pink_trike

Postby jcsuperstar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:41 am

i think its a matter of practice makes perfect....

i like it here too!
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Postby nathan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 am

Practice yes, and we will all be there together at Carnegie Hall. :smile:

I am really enjoying the forum and appreciating everyone else who is here very much. It has been very pleasant and fun so far. I think I will continue to feel this way so long as I can behave myself. :smile:

I like the free for all forum and others here because I don't think I have complete confidence in what I think or how I write as much as I would like so I like to only read in forum areas where I think complete and consistent accuracy with right understanding is most desirable and necessary. It isn't that I like to argue only that I don't want to have the burden of being considered an authority and it wouldn't be appropriate to create any impression that I have everything figured out until I do. I am learning all the time, just like all of us. There is a nice balance of forums and people here for doing just that.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
nathan

Postby nathan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

appicchato wrote:(edit...double post... :computerproblem: )
Venerable Appicchato, perhaps I should unload my laptop with you when I no longer need it. It isn't too bad. Although I realize the icon may not represent the equipment you have available but some part of your network. I have the same difficulties sometimes because of my remote location and shaky connection to the net. I hope the problem improves for you.
:coffee:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
nathan

Postby thornbush » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 am

pink_trike wrote:
appicchato wrote:

Ditto...

Double ditto....

Third ditto...
thornbush

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

I also like Dhammawheel
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Prasadachitta » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

:group:
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Prasadachitta

Postby Tex » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:30 pm

thornbush wrote:Third ditto...

Quadruple!

I think the fact that the site is so open to feedback from members, and even allows the feedback to be public, is a good thing that will serve it well as the site continues to grow. I also appreciate the fact that no reasonable topic is off-limits provided it is discussed in the appropriate forum.
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby appicchato » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 pm

nathan wrote:
appicchato wrote:(edit...double post... :computerproblem: )
Venerable Appicchato, perhaps I should unload my laptop with you when I no longer need it. It isn't too bad. Although I realize the icon may not represent the equipment you have available but some part of your network. I have the same difficulties sometimes because of my remote location and shaky connection to the net. I hope the problem improves for you.
:coffee:

Thank you nathan...nice of you to offer...I'm 'working' off of a laptop also, and it's more to do with the connection (I think) rather than the gear, or possibly even a combination of the two...fortunately I don't turn red, or pitch anything, it (the smiley) just seems to fit...

Be well... :smile:
appicchato

Postby nathan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:38 am

appicchato wrote:the smiley) just seems to fit...

Be well... :smile:
That one fits a lot of software I have tried through the years. It probably is the network. I see the same sorts of problems with the network here at times with no problems on this end. Packets get lost after hitting the submit button and pages may fail to load so you don't note what is happening. It has got me double or even triple posting a few times. Here it is often weather related. Equipment must blow up in the network all the time there from the heat. It does here in high heat conditions, right on the poles and towers. But the daily result of that stress is similar to static interference.
Electron dukkha. Dhukkhatrons. :smile:

So, back to the Wheel and RIght Spin. :thumbsup:
nathan

Return to Lounge