to fulfill a promise

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ytrog

Re: to fulfill a promise

Post by Ytrog »

Ah, makes sense on a motorcycle :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
octathlon

Post by octathlon »

I've always been a big Leo Kotte fan (so I picked up on your nick right away). I saw him play 2 or 3 times, even tried to play some of his simpler stuff back when I used to play the guitar a lot. And John Fahey's stuff, too--like these:

alan

Post by alan »

Large glasses. Very useful in a motorcycle accident.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

octathlon wrote:I've always been a big Leo Kotte fan (so I picked up on your nick right away). I saw him play 2 or 3 times, even tried to play some of his simpler stuff back when I used to play the guitar a lot. And John Fahey's stuff,
Fahey very good, Kottke better. Since the first time I saw Leo play in the 70's, I have seen him 20+ times and will likely see him again in Oct.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

tiltbillings wrote:
octathlon wrote:I've always been a big Leo Kotte fan (so I picked up on your nick right away). I saw him play 2 or 3 times, even tried to play some of his simpler stuff back when I used to play the guitar a lot. And John Fahey's stuff,
Fahey very good, Kottke better. Since the first time I saw Leo play in the 70's, I have seen him 20+ times and will likely see him again in Oct.
Oh, I am going every shade of green!
The last time I saw Leo play was about three years ago at the Athenaeum Theatre in Melbourne. I took my daughter with me who was in first year university at the time. An amazing performance! I've seen him about 4-5 times since 1983. He is one performer I would travel back to Melbourne to see, esp. as it is highly unlikely he would come to Tasmania to play.
Enjoy the concert, Tilt!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Greetings and salutations, Tilt.

I've just noticed your new avatar...has the stress of Dhamma Wheel moderating suddenly turned you into a Hindu ?

With metta ,

Aloka :D
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Aloka wrote:.

Greetings and salutations, Tilt.

I've just noticed your new avatar...has the stress of Dhamma Wheel moderating suddenly turned you into a Hindu ?

With metta ,

Aloka :D
Nothing like that. I thought it would be nice to say - for a while - that my avatar is the only one here that is an avatar.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
plwk

Post by plwk »

that my avatar is the only one here that is an avatar.
Hmmm...really? :tongue:
octathlon

Post by octathlon »

tiltbillings wrote:Fahey very good, Kottke better.
No one is better than Leo! :D
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

plwk wrote:
that my avatar is the only one here that is an avatar.
Hmmm...really? :tongue:
Alas, reincarnation, but is it as the fox or the mouse?

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

tiltbillings wrote:Alas, reincarnation, but is it as the fox or the mouse?

Well, taking into consideration the fact that previous avatars were cute jackals, I'd guess it was the fox ! :)
Last edited by Aloka on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Aloka wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:Alas, reincarnation, but is it as the fox or the mouse?

Well, taking into consideration the fact that previous avatars were cute jackals, I'd guess it was as the fox ! :)
A crunchy lunch is to be served.

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

tiltbillings wrote: A crunchy lunch is to be served.

Erm.....just the green salad for me please, Tilt !

SDC

Post by SDC »

Really cool of you to share this, tilt. Thanks. :smile:
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

The correct spelling is mensch

From the Yiddish Preservation Society on Mt. Meru, :)

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura