photograph editing help please!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ben

photograph editing help please!

Post by Ben »

Hi everyone

As most of you know, I have been residing in 'The Valley', semi-permanently for the last six to eight weeks. In that time, I've been giving my son's camera a good workout.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benoloughlin/4928565559/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I am looking for is some software to stitch together photos to form a panorama. Something, preferably free or cheap to purchase, and something that you've used and can vouch for. I've got a series of approx 8-10 photos of a 300+ degree view of part of the campus with Mt Foster, St Paul's Dome with the lake in the foreground, and going around and including part of the South Esk River and flood-plains.
Anyway, your recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Metta

Ben
Last edited by Ben on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
poto

Re: photograph editing help please!

Post by poto »

this:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Microsoft's Image Composite Editor

Fast and very easy to use.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thank you Bhante and poto for your recommendations, both greatly appreciated!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..