Dhamma Wheel meetings

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 pm

yawares wrote:They should do Thai dance too..to complete the happy day. When I was with Tep at Engineering Conference in Hua-Hin(Beach Hotel), Thailand , not only great foods/desserts..Thai Classical Dance included...everybody enjoyed the show !
You're DhammaWheel :anjali: ...Why are you not there??
yawares[/color] :thinking:


Hi yawares,

Yes, I'd love to see Thailand one day. So far I have only been to India, Nepal, and the Middle East, in the continent of Asia.

No, I prefer just tea, discussion, and meditation, too geeky I guess. :ugeek:

Don't try to take me to a Disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In 10 minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock and roll


In my case, it might be more like 10 seconds I'll be late for the door.

User avatar
yawares
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby yawares » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:
yawares wrote:They should do Thai dance too..to complete the happy day. When I was with Tep at Engineering Conference in Hua-Hin(Beach Hotel), Thailand , not only great foods/desserts..Thai Classical Dance included...everybody enjoyed the show !
You're DhammaWheel :anjali: ...Why are you not there??
yawares[/color] :thinking:


Hi yawares,

Yes, I'd love to see Thailand one day. So far I have only been to India, Nepal, and the Middle East, in the continent of Asia.

No, I prefer just tea, discussion, and meditation, too geeky I guess. :ugeek:

Don't try to take me to a Disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In 10 minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock and roll

In my case, it might be more like 10 seconds I'll be late for the door.

Dear David,
Thai Classical Dance is NO DISCO...no need for you to be on the dance floor....just watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2x_ANn-p4
yawares :heart: it ...cool!

User avatar
Ben
Site Admin
Posts: 16920
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
Location: War.loun.dig.er.ler
Contact:

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Great photo!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..

User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:45 pm

yawares wrote:Thai Classical Dance is NO DISCO...no need for you to be on the dance floor....just watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2x_ANn-p4
yawares :heart: it ...cool! [/color]


:thumbsup: Watching it, I can handle that.

User avatar
retrofuturist
Posts: 15477
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Mike and Robert, Peninsular, Bangkok

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Greetings,

robertk wrote:Yes, it was a meeting of the mods. Two from dhammastudygroup and two from dhammawheel.
And very enjoyable and interesting. I could have stayed all day discussing more and more points of Dhamma .

The International Theravada Moderator Convention.

Awesome.

:clap:

Thanks for the pic share.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Through corruption of the Dhamma comes corruption of the discipline, and from corruption of the discipline comes corruption of the Dhamma. This is the first future danger as yet unarisen that will arise in the future. You should recognize it and make an effort to prevent it. (AN 5.79)

"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good." - Thomas J. Watson

Never again...

User avatar
Still Searching
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Still Searching » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 am

Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha

User avatar
Cittasanto
Posts: 5973
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Ellan Vannin
Contact:

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 am

Still Searching wrote:Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:

Try Amaravati Buddhist Monastery just outside Hemel Hempstead.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

User avatar
Still Searching
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Dhamma Wheel meetings

Postby Still Searching » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 am

Cittasanto wrote:
Still Searching wrote:Lovely pictures, I'd love to meet some Monks or visit Thailand.

If there are any Buddhists around the 3 counties (Herts, Beds & Bucks) in the UK, I'd love to meet some of you :)

:namaste:

Try Amaravati Buddhist Monastery just outside Hemel Hempstead.


Thank you Cittasanto :smile:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha


Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

Google Saffron, Theravada Search Engine