What scars do you have?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Mawkish1983

Re: What scars do you have?

Post by Mawkish1983 »

appicchato wrote:
Individual wrote:I hope your surgery goes well.
Ditto...
Me too :)
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Dhammabodhi wrote:
Mawkish1983 wrote:... and my PhD has completely been taken from me...
I didn't understand this...does this mean you submitted your thesis?
I don't want to hijack the thread, but it means my funding was unexpectedly cut off after the second year so I can only afford to submit a thesis for an MPhil... and that's if I can find the time to work on it between my fulltime bill-paying shifts at McDonalds. Samsara sucks, but I'm working on an escape :)
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Mawkish1983 wrote: I don't want to hijack the thread, but it means my funding was unexpectedly cut off after the second year so I can only afford to submit a thesis for an MPhil... and that's if I can find the time to work on it between my fulltime bill-paying shifts at McDonalds. Samsara sucks, but I'm working on an escape :)
I'm really sorry to hear that, dear Mawkish. Hang in there...I'd like to say I'm there for you but in truth I'm not...but in any case you have my full emotional support! I'm sending a truckload of Metta to u... :hug:

May you be in peace. :anjali:
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Peter, sometimes words on a computer screen seem so lacking (as in this situation).
Needless to say, sending you much metta...

:heart:
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

I have a lot of scars. Dog bites, big and small kitchen burns, surgeries, yikes!
A life well-lived I guess :)
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada