Anti Procrastination Advice

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Modus.Ponens

Anti Procrastination Advice

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Hello

If you, like me, have problems with procrastination, especially with meditation, I found something really useful.

I'm enrolled in a free online course called "Learning How to Learn". In the third week the teacher talks about how to deal with procrastination with very little will power. Will power is dificult. Manipulating the conditions under which procrastination arises is a lot easier. So if you want important advice, please enrole for free at Coursera and look for the course with the name "Learning How to Learn".

Although the course is about learning in general, this week's advice is especially important to beat procrastination.

Metta :)
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
sattva

Re: Anti Procrastination Advice

Post by sattva »

Sounds and looks interesting. Thanks for posting!
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
DhammaOS

Post by DhammaOS »

Meh, I should get around to fixing my procrastination problem...eventually...maybe tomorrow... :roll:

Sounds awesome. I have looked at Coursera, but never had to the courage to enroll in anything. Maybe this is a good opportunity to dive in.
"There are, O monks, these four lights. What four? The light of the moon, the light of the sun, the light of fire, and the light of wisdom. Of these four lights, the light of wisdom is supreme."-AN 4:143

Buddham saranam gacchami, Dhammam saranam gacchami, Sangham saranam gacchami
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I've been having a great expeirence with it.

To me the major epiphany with procrastination was the advice on the perspective of product vs process. When we are procrastinating we are not really avoiding the process of work. We are avoiding the product of that work. We are afraid it's not going to be good enough, so we avoid working. But if we focus our drive in the process, instead of in the product, it's really a lot easier to do the work.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta