Some wise words I told this young lady

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Still Searching

Some wise words I told this young lady

Post by Still Searching »

I have quite a lot of Thai people in my friend list, I try to converse with them as much as possible but it can be somewhat difficult as I can only speak English, French or Chinese.

This woman messaged me "Not that it was Jesus or the Lord kill me." or "Do not know the Lord or kill it." or something like that.
So I replied back to her "Buddha is not a god but our teacher. Killing is selfish and wrong, no one deserves to die; - We all have a place in the world. But we do not own the world and the world does not own us." .

I'm pretty much proud of what I said, I'm sure Siddhartha would be too.

I hope I don't come off as over confident or a little arrogant.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
manas

Re: Some wise words I told this young lady

Post by manas »

I've had a few attempts at communicating lately, too. For example, to a Christian friend of mine: "I might not be a Christian formally, but I agree with the principles by which you live your life, and I also strive to live by them." I also am not sure if my message actually got through to her, or not. But hey, we gotta do our best.

metta
:anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.