Advice forum

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Advice forum

Postby iforgotmyname » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,

I've been on these forums a few years back - I remember there was a specific forum where people asked for advice, general advice about their lives. Its no longer there, does that mean that kind of support is no longer given here?

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the wrong location - it was meant to go in the lounge.
iforgotmyname

Re: Advice forum

Postby David N. Snyder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 pm

I moved this topic to the lounge for you.

There was no forum specifically called "advice forum" however, there is a Personal Experience sub-forum where you can ask or post issues such as that. And the Personal Experience sub-forum is only viewable to those members who are logged-in, allowing some level of anonymity.
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby plwk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Few years back? Could that also mean to include a visit on the now defunct E-Sangha Forum that crashed around late 2009 if I recall correctly, where it had a 'Help Required' section (Facing some problems in your life? Our members are always ready to listen to you.)
Bhikkhus, if you develop and make much this one thing,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.
What is it? It is recollecting the Enlightened One.
If this single thing is recollected and made much,
it invariably leads to weariness, cessation, appeasement, realization and extinction.

Anguttara-Nikaya: Ekanipata: Ekadhammapali: Pañhamavagga
VSM VMM WBB TBHT WTBT My Page
plwk

Postby iforgotmyname » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Doc Snyder, thanks so much. I'll have a look at the personal experience forum.

plwk: Yes you're right that's the one! E-sangha. I think I got the two mixed up. I remember genkaku (or genakku) from there.

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady - but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.
iforgotmyname

Postby Aloka » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady

Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !

but then I stopped going there becasue that place was full of over the top dawkinists.

Ah yes, I remember the Dawkins fans ! (Not one myself)

:D
Aloka

Postby James the Giant » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 am

Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately! :toast:
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
James the Giant

Postby iforgotmyname » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 am

Aloka wrote:
The other forum I've been on is buddhismwithoutboundaries, run by a really sweet lady

Thank you for those kind words, iforgotmyname !

Oh you're welcome! :smile:

James the Giant wrote:Dawkins fans!? I must visit this haven of rationalist secular naughty-type buddhists immediately!

Ha ha, just don't turn into a Jeohva's Witnesses equivalent - oh how apt, a Dick Witness.
iforgotmyname

Return to Lounge