Back online, happy belated New Year's

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Back online, happy belated New Year's

Postby Still Searching » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 am

Sorry everyone for not being online lately and not responding to my messages or thread posts.
I have been keeping busy with my offline life as I am currently looking for a job and a new home.
Also, my relationship with my family has been a little chaotic but I'm doing everything I can to stay strong and have been studying Buddhism as much as possible.

Hope you all have had a lovely Christmas & New Year's.

I will try to keep in touch as much as I can.

P.S. Thank you all for your support to my path to enlightenment.
I have learned a lot from this forum.

:namaste:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~ Siddhārtha, Gautama Buddha
Still Searching

Re: Back online, happy belated New Year's

Postby bodom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 am

Welcome Still Searching!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: Back online, happy belated New Year's

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am

Hope everything is working out for you!
but Happy New Year To You Too.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Return to Lounge