What music are you listening to right now?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
SDC

Re: What music are you listening to right now?

Post by SDC »

Pretty sure I posted this last year, but who cares. First 12 seconds are some of the most important in the history of jazz.

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Amina Alaoui ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzabyNk15c
... moody music, great voice, excellent instrumental backing.

:namaste:
Kim

(BTW, how do you embed the Youtube player? No-one ever told me! :shrug: )
SDC

Post by SDC »

Kim O'Hara wrote:(BTW, how do you embed the Youtube player? No-one ever told me! :shrug: )
Kim, click the "video" button all the way to right and put the URL in there. It will come up like this -

EDIT - Actually "quote" this message and you'll see...

“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
SDC

Post by SDC »

Great song BTW
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

SDC wrote:
Kim O'Hara wrote:(BTW, how do you embed the Youtube player? No-one ever told me! :shrug: )
Kim, click the "video" button all the way to right and put the URL in there. It will come up like this -

EDIT - Actually "quote" this message and you'll see...

Aha!
Thanks, SDC - I think I tried everything except the "video" button ... I guess I wasn't giving the BB software enough credit for its ability to work out what to do with the link.

:namaste:
Kim
SDC

Post by SDC »

Yes

danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Elliott Smith's, "Rose Parade"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms0-0nIHPOk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My best friend told me today that these line always reminds him of me:

"It's just that everyone's interest is stronger than mine;
And when they clean the street I'll be the only shit that's left behind."
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

A lovely video that combines two interesting characters that I rather like very much.

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

"What holds attention determines action." - William James
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

"What holds attention determines action." - William James
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

I've been listening to myself work on my cover versions of The Alan Parson's Project's "Eye In Sky," The Smashing Pumpkins, "Disarm" and U2's "One" (I've been a singer/songwriter/performer/studio artist for a while and do have a CD out under a pseudonym which came out in '06. I only distribute them for free. If you'd like a copy, PM and we'll see what we can do. The label I was on went out of business but there might be some online samples and I think there's still a video of the first track on Youtube but I'm not here to peddle my wares. Like I said, if you want more info. I'd be glad to freely share. Just PM me. But please, don't publicize it here. I do not create music for money. It's nice when that's the result, but I'm an artist before I'm an economist. :spy: )

Rigth now I'm trying to figure out the best way to just record video of myslelf from my laptop to upload to Youtube but I'm the furthest thing from a geek you'll find. So, if you've any advice, I'd be much obliged.
SDC

Post by SDC »

convivium

Post by convivium »

i only like music with balls. this could include everything from hendrix, crust punk, doom and black metal to minimalism, drone, and a lot of symphonic music; also some hip hop and rap, and electronic music (iff it has balls i.e. real emotional power).
(Vx) (Mx.Lx > Bx).
q.e.d. :geek:
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

convivium wrote:i only like music with balls
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
convivium

Post by convivium »

HAHAHA i'd post an image of a nutsack to clarify, but i'll spare you.
Just keep breathing in and out like this. Don't be interested in anything else. It doesn't matter even if someone is standing on their head with their ass in the air. Don't pay it any attention. Just stay with the in-breath and the out-breath. Concentrate your awareness on the breath. Just keep doing it. http://www.ajahnchah.org/book/Just_Do_It_1_2.php