Would you create a world with no sexual desires?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
acinteyyo

Re: Would you create a world with no sexual desires?

Post by acinteyyo »

destroydesire wrote:
Fede wrote:
destroydesire wrote:........humans would never derive happiness and pleasures from the filthy acts of copulating again.
Don't know about anyone else, but if I consider the OP has a hang up, there's evidence right there.
The act of copulating is not filthy.
Your interpretation and View of copulating - is the problem.
I think you have a bit of an issue here, really, don't you?
Are you serious?

When you rub foreign body organs used for the disposal of body wastes together, how is that not a filthy act?

To make matters worse, the whole of humanity has even found it "pleasurable" to ingest substances emitted by other humans' body organs, the same body organs used for the disposal of body wastes.

Me thinks the one with the serious issues here is you. Yes you who think it is fun to rub your waste disposal body organ with another human's waste disposal body organ.
And still it is you who has a problem with this process. As far as I can tell it works as designed.
best wishes, acinteyyo
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

in my experience aversion is a stickier trap than attraction. In pushing something away you put it outside of your self and outside any possiblitiy of influencing it for the better. If you dont own it you cant change it.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Yep and there are people who feel the same way about eating (they are called anorexics) and some who feel the same way about existing in this filthy bag of skin, etc etc.

The point, as far as I can make out, is not to destroy desire but be free from desire. This does not arise out of deep aversion that you are displaying, but wisdom and insight into both the attraction that goes with sexuality and the aversion that comes with it and where and how they originate.

Do you have a teacher? Have you looked at how desire is dealt with by Buddhist practitioners, monks and teachers?

I suggest you listen to that talk above and here's another one:

http://mirror1.birken.ca/dhamma_talks/i ... Desire.mp3
_/|\_
plwk

Post by plwk »

Alas....the plumbing dept is right where the fun dept is....tsk tsk....
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Moderator note: I have had a long night working with patients in considerable physical pain, crippled by strokes and other debiitating things such amputations, all of whom are directly facing the fearful uncertainty of how their lives are going to unfold, and now I am reading this thread. I am tired and need to drift off to sleep, but before I do, I am shutting down this thread for the time being. It is not hard to see where it is going, and I think we can all step back and take breath and not get caught up in this any further in this tar-baby.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723