Trash Bin / Archives?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Trash Bin / Archives?

Postby Kori » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I happen to run my own forums, and we have a set up where when a topic has been locked, we delete it and it is automatically sent to a forum we call the Trash Bin. Topics can be permanently deleted from there, otherwise it serves as an archive, as there may be things worth reading that have been closed. It works well and cleans out space so one can see and participate in the active discussions. Just a thought. :smile:

- Leah
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."

Dhammapada, Ch. 1, Verse 2.
Kori

Re: Trash Bin / Archives?

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am

Greetings Leah,

We have a similar thing here but it's only for "deleted" topics and posts, which may have benefit for future reference for moderators and administrators (e.g. assessing member violations of Terms Of Service, and the counter to that, assessing complaints made by members about moderator interpretations of the TOS).

Locked topics, by the very nature of their being locked, will drop away in time.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box