Clustrmaps

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Kim OHara

Clustrmaps

Post by Kim OHara »

Hi,
I just noticed this DW has lost the Clustrmaps gimmick at the bottom of the front page that used to show where members were from. It's still working on the other DW - http://www.dharmawheel.net/index.php - so it must be compatible with the new software.
An oversight during the upgrade?

:coffee:
Kim
Ben

Re: Clustrmaps

Post by Ben »

Thank you, Kim!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Fixed! The first set of stats should start showing in about 24 hours.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

:thanks:

:thumbsup:
Kim
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The map is hiding some text on the search results page:

I get the same results in Opera 12.17, Firefox 37, or Vivaldi (Chrome-based) browsers.
Go to advanced search
Attachments
ClusterMap.png
ClusterMap.png (72.52 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It would be better to remove this bit of nonsense It's just making the forum jump about when I mouseover the Advanced Search button.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

That's strange, my advanced search button comes under active topics near the top and the cluster maps are at the bottom and everything works fine.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:It would be better to remove this bit of nonsense.
I agree with Bhikkhu Pesala. Maybe it could exist on a separate page for people who are interested, via a discreet link?
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

David N. Snyder wrote:That's strange, my advanced search button comes under active topics near the top and the cluster maps are at the bottom and everything works fine.
I think Bhikkhu Pesala means the page you get after you do a search. The Clustrmap covers some of the options at the bottom.

:anjali:
Mike
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I was talking about the Advanced Search button at the top, but it also happens on other buttons at the bottom: Jump To, Post Reply, etc.
Attachments
Jumping Forum.zip
(104.04 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

mikenz66 wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:That's strange, my advanced search button comes under active topics near the top and the cluster maps are at the bottom and everything works fine.
I think Bhikkhu Pesala means the page you get after you do a search. The Clustrmap covers some of the options at the bottom.

:anjali:
Mike
I'm not sure about that but one of the settings options in Clustrmaps itself, if I remember correctly, was "on front page only" vs "on every page". I think we originally took the first option (which is a bit less intrusive, I guess) and now have taken the second.

Kim
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I couldn't get any of the errors to come up on my computer with firefox or chrome, but obviously some of you are getting the glitches since you have reported it. We'll see if changing it to just visible on the front page view does the trick.