"Sticky"

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

"Sticky"

Postby SDC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Mods,

Just a suggestion, but perhaps the sticky option can be used for certain threads instead of putting them in the announcement section of each forum. Seems like sometimes the announcement portion is overlooked. Its good for certain topics like perhaps the rebirth debate or any other ongoing topic that consistently sees action. I've seen it used effectively on other forums.

Just a thought.
SDC

Re: "Sticky"

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Greetings SDC,

Just so you know, the decision to use announcements was made because the use of stickies obscures the latest updated topic.

By clearly separating the "pinned" items from the run of the mill topics, it's always easy to see which are the latest updated topics without recourse to symbols.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: "Sticky"

Postby SDC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Totally understandable. I've seen forums where it is used very poorly.

Occasionally I think there are threads where it would be worth it. Perhaps if done with no more than 1 or 2 of the more popular threads it wouldn't be overwhelming to the new topics? Of course it wouldn't have to remain there permanently.

EDIT - would to wouldn't
SDC

Return to Suggestion box